Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
failure1
failure1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Manifest has disapeared...

I had my book working like a champ. I tried to upload the file to LULU and it kicked back a ton of errors. I went to fix them, and the manifest had disappeared from the content.opf file. The content file is wrecked. Can that file be recreated somewhere in the Calibre software? My ability to type in 55 pages of content by hand is limited.
failure1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:56 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by failure1 View Post
I had my book working like a champ. I tried to upload the file to LULU and it kicked back a ton of errors. I went to fix them, and the manifest had disappeared from the content.opf file. The content file is wrecked. Can that file be recreated somewhere in the Calibre software? My ability to type in 55 pages of content by hand is limited.
Revert to your backup copy? You do have a backup copy...

As far as I know, neither calibre's editor or Sigil will recreate a damaged content.opf file. You might be better off creating a new epub and adding the content files from the damaged file manually (I've done this in Sigil, not sure how comparable the process is with the calibre editor).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
content.opf, manifest, spine