Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #16
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Do you have a Kindlet-2.2.jar in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ folder on your kindle?
Also, post your
Code:
/usr/java/bin/cvm -version
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Do you have a Kindlet-2.2.jar in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ folder on your kindle?
Also, post your
Code:
/usr/java/bin/cvm -version
He is compiling for a K3 (Kindle Keyboard), see:
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...lib/?at=master
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
ntharrison
ntharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3Gb
I have Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11), do you know what version is required to compile for the K3 and how would I install an older version?
ntharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntharrison View Post
I have Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11), do you know what version is required to compile for the K3 and how would I install an older version?
I would have to do exactly the same as yourself, read through the KindleLauncher (KUAL) repository.
I haven't written anything in Java since '96.
(I probably have a copy of the IBM IDE that became Eclipse that I used back in '96.)

IIRC, there are two things you must do - specific to the build system to build to the (specification) correct version of Java and use the correct Amazon KDK jar.
As mention numerous times now, Amazon used two, different API, KDK jars (pre-touchscreen and post-touchscreen). <<-- which presumes you are also using a copy of the *.jar files from whatever K3 firmware version you are building for.

But your idea to establish an Eclipse environment for your project sounds like a good one.
Just use the KindleLauncher one as the basis (Eclipse defaults to using Ant), edited as required.

Last edited by knc1; 03-31-2018 at 03:11 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote