Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #31
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
It needs the back pf the device clicked into place before the on/off switch will work.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #32
HapppyFace
HapppyFace began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help (and the file !!)
I really got my hopes up, that it was something small like putting back the back cover.

Unfortunately, still no-go.
(Red led flashes, back-light turns on, but no start-up off the screen.)

Must be another problem, unrelated to the SD ?

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited by HapppyFace; 03-05-2018 at 03:41 PM.
HapppyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapppyFace View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help (and the file !!)
I really got my hopes up, that it was something small like putting back the back cover.

Unfortunately, still no-go.
(Red led flashes, back-light turns on, but no start-up off the screen.)

Must be another problem, unrelated to the SD ?

Anyway, thanks again.
If you turn it on, plug it into a computer, then press around where the connect button would be, does it connect? If so, the screen may be damaged.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:24 PM   #34
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony View Post
I used this old tutorial for the Kobo Mini eReader:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73QGYk2q80M

Open the back of the Kobo Glo HD very carefully with a very thin blade or better a hard plastic card or your nails. Now you see this:
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

The original Card is a SanDisk 4GB Class 4 so it should only have about 6MB/s write, 17 MB/s read
I replaced it with a SanDisk 32GB Ultra Card that has 17MB/s write and about 36 MB/s read! I have the feeling that the Bookcovers in my collections load much faster now.

Basicly you need the free programms:
USB Image Tool
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free

- Insert the 4gb Kobo Glo Micro SD Into your PC
- Open USB Image Tool and press "-> Backup" ...save the file and wait
- Remove the 4gb Kobo Glo Micro SD from your PC
- Insert new card e.g. 32gb Micro SD
- Go into USB Image Tool and press "<- Restore" select the *.img file you created and wait
- Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
- Select the KOBOEReader(FAT32) Partition on the SD Card and rightklick it
- Select "extend" and move the slider all the way to the right
- Press OK and now on the top right of the MiniTool klick "Apply" ...wait
- Now put the NEW SD into your Kobo Glo HD and Hold the power Button until it starts!

Result:
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Whew! Just updated my Clara to 64GB. Your instructions were spot on. Thank you!

The worst part was getting the back off.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo hd, micro, sd card