Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
markus98
markus98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2019)
Question Sync only the library and metadata without actual ebook files to Calibra Companion?

I would love to be able to access my Calibre library on my phone. I do not need access to the Calibre books itself, but I care about the book library management.

Is there a way to access the Calibre library on my Android phone?

I have custom columns (read status, finished reading date) and would like to access those as well - not sure if there is any chance to get access of all of that on Android.

Any options you are aware of I could try?
markus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus98 View Post
I would love to be able to access my Calibre library on my phone. I do not need access to the Calibre books itself, but I care about the book library management.

Is there a way to access the Calibre library on my Android phone?

I have custom columns (read status, finished reading date) and would like to access those as well - not sure if there is any chance to get access of all of that on Android.

Any options you are aware of I could try?
If you leave Calibre Content server running (and you set up port forwarding), The latest versions allow editing the metadata on the server using a standard browser app (standard on almost any OS).
IMHO tiny screens are the limitations
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
markus98
markus98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you leave Calibre Content server running (and you set up port forwarding), The latest versions allow editing the metadata on the server using a standard browser app (standard on almost any OS).
IMHO tiny screens are the limitations

sorry for my late reply- thought I get an email notification. I noticed already that Calibre Content server is an option. Keeping the library in the Cloud is probably not a good option. I read that Google Drive should definitely not be used, and the same goes probably for Dropbox.

It would be great to just use one of the 3rd party Calibre apps and load the data from the Content Server into one of those apps. For sure failure-prone, but that could be a way I thought.
markus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus98 View Post
sorry for my late reply- thought I get an email notification. I noticed already that Calibre Content server is an option. Keeping the library in the Cloud is probably not a good option. I read that Google Drive should definitely not be used, and the same goes probably for Dropbox.

It would be great to just use one of the 3rd party Calibre apps and load the data from the Content Server into one of those apps. For sure failure-prone, but that could be a way I thought.
IMHO the middleman (edit the cloud copy) method is fraught with additional sync issues.
My suggestion was to Use your Calibre host (with good security precautions).
Your issue is you want to make changes from the remote (device).
Have you considered Remote control of your PC (Remote desktop connection if you have (any) Windows Pro version. FREE Clients other OS)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote