Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #121
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, PW4, Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SP), Galaxy Tab A 8
Some happy news while in isolation - I'm getting a paycheck next week! Yay!

I've been working for two weeks on deferred pay. Voluntarily. Before anyone tells me that's wrong - my boss is also my roommate and my best friend (and like a father to me), and there was that tornado at the beginning of the month (feels like old news now, weird), and we couldn't get out of the neighborhood for a bit. Then he helped out some neighbors so they could get their power back on (damaged service connections needed repaired), and those that we were charging had to wait for insurance checks. (Some are still waiting - most insurance companies pulled a lot of their adjusters off the road. With good reason, of course, but the timing is horrible.) We also had to deal with the damage to our house. Then all of this virus stuff kicked in just as things were starting to get back to normal.

Sooooo things got tight, and not working would not solve that. So we did what we had to do to get some money coming in and keep the lights on, and I was needed for that. So I worked. Besides, it's not like he's going to rip me off - he lives in the next room.

He offered me full use of one of his credit cards, but since I had saved up for that trip to Florida I won't be taking, I was good on funds.

So yeah, things were iffy for a bit but revenue is flowing again and I'll be getting the pay for those two weeks spread out over the next few paychecks.

My stress level has lowered a couple of notches. Still a long way to go with that (I swear my grey hair has doubled in the past month) but it's progress.
CWatkinsNash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:48 AM   #122
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Plus, I've never responded to comments about my stubborness with anything other then, "Yeah." I'm far too lazy to fight the truth.
With Grandparents from Kentucky and Georgia I was screwed from the beginning. My son, who is half Italian is really screwed.
I just finished A Killing Winter by Tom Callaghan. It has been in my tbr for a couple of years. I finally got around to reading it and would give it 4 stars.
I have just started The Tudor Secret by Christopher Gortner. It is the first in the Spymaster Trilogy.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #123
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Some happy news while in isolation - I'm getting a paycheck next week! Yay!

I've been working for two weeks on deferred pay. Voluntarily. Before anyone tells me that's wrong - my boss is also my roommate and my best friend (and like a father to me), and there was that tornado at the beginning of the month (feels like old news now, weird), and we couldn't get out of the neighborhood for a bit. Then he helped out some neighbors so they could get their power back on (damaged service connections needed repaired), and those that we were charging had to wait for insurance checks. (Some are still waiting - most insurance companies pulled a lot of their adjusters off the road. With good reason, of course, but the timing is horrible.) We also had to deal with the damage to our house. Then all of this virus stuff kicked in just as things were starting to get back to normal.

Sooooo things got tight, and not working would not solve that. So we did what we had to do to get some money coming in and keep the lights on, and I was needed for that. So I worked. Besides, it's not like he's going to rip me off - he lives in the next room.

He offered me full use of one of his credit cards, but since I had saved up for that trip to Florida I won't be taking, I was good on funds.

So yeah, things were iffy for a bit but revenue is flowing again and I'll be getting the pay for those two weeks spread out over the next few paychecks.

My stress level has lowered a couple of notches. Still a long way to go with that (I swear my grey hair has doubled in the past month) but it's progress.
I wonder if my boss will continue to pay me now that I have shut my store. At least I don't have to worry about her divorcing me now that I am home all the time. We are used to being together 24/7.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 PM   #124
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm in the UK and have been glued to the news during the lockdown. This distracts me from my ill cat and gives me something to worry about apart from what I'm really worried about (the cat).

Boris, our PM, now has Covid 19 and is in isolation; not surprising considering the number of people he was mixing with. I've watched some of Trump's speeches about this virus and he seems to be very casual about the whole thing, regarding it as the equivalent to seasonal flu; I fear for the US and think that what is happening in New York is merely the beginning.

I'm normally reclusive, but there's something very different between staying home because I want to and doing so because I'm being told to. The latter automatically makes me want to rebel and go out - but I'm not. I do have a dry throat and dry cough, so it's wise to stay home.

My interest in reading has totally waned, it would be nice to have some morale-boosting comedy on the tv/computer, but the BBC are broadcasting very depressing dramas. Maybe I could find some WWII comedy on youtube?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 PM   #125
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
My interest in reading has totally waned, it would be nice to have some morale-boosting comedy on the tv/computer, but the BBC are broadcasting very depressing dramas. Maybe I could find some WWII comedy on youtube?
Netflix? They have plenty of comedies.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:50 PM   #126
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm in the UK and have been glued to the news during the lockdown. This distracts me from my ill cat and gives me something to worry about apart from what I'm really worried about (the cat).
Just a suggestion try http://radioechoes.com/

It has a lot of free classic UK and US comedy radio shows going back to before the war.

Quote:
RadioEchoes is home to a wide selection of Old Time Radio (OTR) shows. We offer you 21 Genres of shows, 3,710 Series, for a total of 96,438 Episodes.
Shows can be downloaded.

Starts singing "We'll meet aggain, don't know where...." <grin>

Last edited by Thasaidon; Today at 10:54 PM. Reason: added text
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote