Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
jimxin
jimxin began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Remote Page turning via USB Networking by Xmouse APP controlled by a presenter

Thanks to excellent XMouse APP (Android), page turning can be remotely controlled via USB Networking by a presenter or a BT connected gamepad. An android device is needed instead.
Nothing need to be plugged in. These devices are common and can be easily got for use.

Updated XMouse - https://github.com/jimxin/XMouse

Last edited by jimxin; 02-14-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: controlling device extended
jimxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimxin View Post
Thanks to excellent XMouse APP (Android), page turning can be remotely controlled via USB Networking by a presenter. An OTG android device is needed instead.

Updated XMouse - https://github.com/jimxin/XMouse
Can you please describe more how this works?

You install this Android app on a phone, and then plug it into the Kindle?
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
jimxin
jimxin began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Can you please describe more how this works?

You install this Android app on a phone, and then plug it into the Kindle?
The phone which sends SSH commands to Kindle is connected with Kindle via USB Networking by wifi, and an OTG presenter is connected with the phone. The presenter controls Kindle via the phone. The solution works but is not perfect, hope better one comes out.
jimxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And with a bit of local networking setup - I can control your page turns also.

Ah, the land of public key authorized remote page turns.
Just great for one of those study at home courses.
Instructor turns pages at a regular interval, you miss a page of the reading assignment, you lose.

Maybe file this one under "Parental Controls"?
(That is where the child with the Kindle/'phone controls what the parents do.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimxin View Post
The phone which sends SSH commands to Kindle is connected with Kindle via USB Networking by wifi, and an OTG presenter is connected with the phone. The presenter controls Kindle via the phone. The solution works but is not perfect, hope better one comes out.
ah, interesting.

I had seen someone do that before if you want to look at that: https://mbarabasz.wordpress.com/2013...e-page-turner/

I made this standalone version, but the wifi was not really reliable, I could not always deliver my packets - I was not using ssh, but my own page turn program.

I never uploaded it to github, becuase it never worked very well, but I can upload it if people demand it.

but it was all self contained, because the ESP8266 runs a wifi hotspot itself, and it can also connect to your home wifi.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276410
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koa2, page turner, page turning, page turns