Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Formatting in Epub3--What is the Software?

Hello. I wasn't aware of Epub3 until a revision at ITunesConnect showed my uploaded manuscript labeled "epub2." An Apple rep explained that epub3 files don't require the labor or consume the time of folks at ITunesConnect in the way that epub2 files do.

I assume Sigil can't produce epub3 files (but would be glad to hear that I'm wrong). I'll need software to reformat the book file and would be grateful to hear any names. The only I have found is "Gyan."

I don't know if Gyan works as a stand-alone epub generator/packager, or if it, like Sigil, works with Calibre. If it is not a stand-alone item, I'd similarly be grateful to learn the names of other programs that need to be run with it.

Thank you.
Tulpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Have a look at Jutoh V2 currently available as extended beta it is an ePub3 compliant app that is stand alone runs under Windows, Mac and Linux.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Valkrider, I am having difficulty using an updated and (in my opinion) non-user friendly Sigil. By "stand-alone," do you mean it generates Epub3 files in a WYSIWIG kind of way? I know no code whatsoever BUT was able to "crib" enough of it in the old Sigil to make it work, beautifully. The same isn't true for the new Sigil.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes it is WYSIWYG and you can delve in to the code if you want to. There is a time limited trial available. Give it a go and see how you get on with it. Be aware though that there are few, if any, dedicated readers that can access epub3 files. It is standalone just like Sigil not an iPad app.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
Tulpana
Enthusiast

I downloaded and installed it, but there is no Epub3 option, as the website claims. The website's instructions are to specify that the "Configuration" of the Epub is Epub3. But when you open the Configuration menu, there is no choice about how to save the Epub being created.
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
Valkrider
Addict

Raise it with the developer on the support forum at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/a...-writingtools/