Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #46
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Well, it's been a month since I put the thing in the mail. I hope it got there -- or is getting there -- or -- something.

Now I'm all paranoid -- when I made out the paperwork for it I described the item as an e-reader with battery removed. The postal worker told me I shouldn't have put the 'battery removed' part on there because it would raise a red flag ... sigh. My somewhat naive honesty bites me again? Perhaps someone is manhandling the thing apart in some local post office right now ... %^T

(Booxtor, I'm not whining for an update ... I just don't trust the mail).
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #47
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi Chexmix,
I hope, for you, that all will go well
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #48
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi Chexmix,
I hope, for you, that all will go well
Thank you, Randy11 ... I got email shipping notices from ereader-store.de today ... I hope Booxtor didn't take my last post as my being pushy: that wasn't my intention. I think his customer service is A-1.

And of course, thanks to Booxtor -- hope all is going well with you!

/G
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #49
chexmix
Zealot

The M92 is back in my hands and seems to be working well. Fingers crossed it stays that way for a while.

Thanks, everyone.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #50
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I'm happy for you ! Good luck !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #51
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I'm happy for you ! Good luck !
Thank you, sir.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #52
OwenA
OwenA began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Did you ever get this resolved Chexmix? I have a similar problem with a new M92.

On another post someone has suggested that it might be the result of letting the battery completely discharge but, looking at other people's posts on battery life I think this is unlikely, and I still have blue and orange lights (depending on whether it is plugged into a charger or not.

Resetting does enable me to turn it off (which I can't do by just pressing the on/off button). I had a black line in the middle of the screen at first, and now I have about 10 black lines - they seem to multiplying every few hours.

Just wondered if you ever found out what the problem was. I've had the M92 for about a week.
OwenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #53
OwenA
OwenA began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Sorry - ignore that - for some reason my computer didn't show me the last few posts on here.
OwenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #54
chexmix
Zealot

Well, after many weeks of delay (I'd gotten used to using my 7" Android tablet for everything), my unlucky M92 is on its way back to Germany for another go at a fix.

Since the biggest part of the problem has seemed to be the battery's complete refusal to take a charge, I'm wondering ... what sort of chargers do US users use? The one I got with the unit was EU-centric, so I couldn't use it. I'd been using spare iPod chargers instead, but ... I don't know ... maybe that doesn't ... really ... work?

It's a straw, I know, but I thought I would grab at it.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #55
chexmix
Zealot

I have the M92 back in hand and am using it. I'm doing my best to conserve my enthusiasm, however ... because whatever happens, it will not be traveling back to German a 3rd time.

I'll know, I guess, as soon as I try to charge it.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #56
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
Well, after many weeks of delay (I'd gotten used to using my 7" Android tablet for everything), my unlucky M92 is on its way back to Germany for another go at a fix.

Since the biggest part of the problem has seemed to be the battery's complete refusal to take a charge, I'm wondering ... what sort of chargers do US users use? The one I got with the unit was EU-centric, so I couldn't use it. I'd been using spare iPod chargers instead, but ... I don't know ... maybe that doesn't ... really ... work?

It's a straw, I know, but I thought I would grab at it.
Ipod chargers are special, my girlfriends ipod only charges with the ipod charger, normal chargers wont charge the ipod..

Try using android usb chargers, they are not proprietary like the apple ones

Worst case: Buy a converter

I charged my android for years with a converted charger (uk to german) and had no problems, was just a little piece of plastic to stick on the charger
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #57
chexmix
Zealot

OK, I've had the M92 plugged in over night and the battery level has GONE DOWN. It's almost empty: the battery icon has one bar and a diagonal black line through it.

This persists after I power down and power back up.

For the love of ____, what am I doing wrong??

If someone can provide me with a good reason not to throw this thing against the wall, please let me know.

Last edited by chexmix; 08-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #58
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
OK, I've had the M92 plugged in over night and the battery level has GONE DOWN. It's almost empty: the battery icon has one bar and a diagonal black line through it.

This persists after I power down and power back up.

For the love of ____, what am I doing wrong??

If someone can provide me with a good reason not to throw this thing against the wall, please let me know.
I've read about others having similar problems that were due to the desktop computer going into sleep mode when not being used. In that mode, the charging stops, and in fact it can drain the charge from the other device instead of charging it. So, if you're charging your reader with a computer, make sure that your computer doesn't go into sleep mode when you leave it, or else use a dedicated charging device.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #59
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I've read about others having similar problems that were due to the desktop computer going into sleep mode when not being used. In that mode, the charging stops, and in fact it can drain the charge from the other device instead of charging it. So, if you're charging your reader with a computer, make sure that your computer doesn't go into sleep mode when you leave it, or else use a dedicated charging device.
Thanks for the reply. I was charging (correction: attempting to charge) direct from a power strip, not from a computer.

I will try plugging it in to a different outlet, but fully expect it will simply proceed to a frozen "please charge" screen, as it did before ... and that that will be the bitter end. There's no way I'm sending this back to Germany a 3rd time.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #60
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I was charging (correction: attempting to charge) direct from a power strip, not from a computer.

I will try plugging it in to a different outlet, but fully expect it will simply proceed to a frozen "please charge" screen, as it did before ... and that that will be the bitter end. There's no way I'm sending this back to Germany a 3rd time.
Okay. Sorry to hear that the solution isn't so simple. Best of luck to you.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote