Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #31
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Woohoo! *bounce bounce bounce*.
Any idea when Zagg will come out with the Kobo screens?
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
drgrittani
drgrittani began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Gizmo Dorks on Amazon has some kobo screen protectors but they don't ship to Canada. http://www.amazon.com/Gizmo-Dorks-Sc.../ref=pd_cp_e_3

They also have a nice little package including the screen protector at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
drgrittani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #33
manda243
manda243 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
You can go go Gizmodorks.com an order straight from there my little Canadian Friends!

http://www.gizmodorks.com/Kobo-eReader-C151.aspx

They have 6" protectors for $4.99 so I think i'm going to check it out.
manda243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #34
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Have you guys used GizmoDorks before? What's the screen protector quality like?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #35
BBel
Enthusiast
BBel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (white cos I like it better!)
Hey Katdragon - are you Melb based? Happy to help out with any distribution etc. if we go with Clint's delivery...
BBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #36
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Does it really need a screen protector?
I've only had mine a day... but the actual screen feels pretty rugged compared to my iphone screen, which scratches when you look at it.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #37
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Hi BBel - Thanks so much for offering.
I'm in Adelaide. Where is everyone else? We may as well get Clint to send to the place that has the most people .
Old 07-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #38
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
My apologies if it's been previously mentioned in the thread and I've missed it, but is there an approximate price for the screen protector if bought as part of the bulk order? I'm pretty interested, and I'm in Sydney.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #39
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... from Zagg and the Invisible Shield, approx 30% off their posted retail price. I have no such discount available for NuShield's product line. This was 'cause Katdragon and I have been emailing back and forth, and it always pained me when I sold small items to your country ... the "consumer" in me just cringed at some postage charges. SO I thought putting 4 or 5 or 8 of these in one package and shipping 'em to Kat would benefit fellow Kobo owners. -Clint
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #40
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Sounds like a good plan to me. You guys would have to pay me for the shield and postage but it shouldn't cost more than a dollar or so to send in an envelope.

Clint, do you have any idea if/when zagg are going to produce a Kobo screen? My brother has had some good experiences with that brand, so I'd like to get it if possible
Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #41
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Thanks for the info, Clint and Kat. Count me in then.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #42
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

The NuShield samples / Kobo prototypes have "excessively" rounded corners - something the rep and I never talked about. They are also cut to small. They are unacceptable to me at this stage. NuShield will try again for us.

The Invisible Shield - the existing model for Kindle2 - is very SLIGHTLY undersized. But I am pleased with it. If it were a millimeter wider or longer, I can see us accidentally allowing the application fluid to creep into places we don't want it to (g) as we squeegee the screen protector while installing.

MY money is on InvisibleShield. The existing Kindle2 protector. InvisibleShield products are protecting my cell phones, digital cameras, Palm PDAs, 3rd gen 32GB iPod touch, and automotive Garmin GPS. And ALL of those (EXCEPT for the touch) were purchased by me full RETAIL, before I was an affiliate.

I will post some pictures of my Kobo with the InvisibleShield later today. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO for photos? Show "sun reflecting on screen BEFORE and AFTER"? What can you think of for me to do for you?

Clint Bradford
909-241-7666
Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have a proper cover, you don't need a screen protector.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #44
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... If you have a proper cover, you don't need a screen protector ...

A rather silly statement, IMHO. If you live in a vacuum chamber and/or clean room with no other objects in the room, then maybe you're right.

Something can always accidentally fall onto your screen. Or spill on it. Or scrape it. There are "hazards" all over the place. I am not a paranoid person in the slightest. But I take care of my electronics items. And when you DO accidentally scratch a screen you look at every day, you'll kick yourself for not taking a reasonable precaution to protect it.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Clint Bradford
Old 07-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #45
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Hi Clint,
Thanks for doing the testing. I agree that the prototypes you tried are unacceptable. If InvisibleShield aren't going to fix the Kobo stuff for us, it might be worth going with the Kindle 2 protector.
Photos would be a great idea. I'd like to see it with sun reflection, perhaps light reflection too (i.e. bedlamp or booklight).

My brother loves his InvisibleShield so I know that it works

Can you maybe provide photos of the Kindle 2 cover and the Kobo cover so that we can see the difference?

What do the rest of you guys think - should we go with the Kindle cover or wait until InvisibleShield/NuShield get it right?

JSWolf - but what happens if you've got the cover open and something falls on the screen? I can't read my Kobo with the cover closed (and I AM a paranoid person).