Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
sartakov
sartakov began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 5550+opie
hackable ebook

Many years ago, I was engaged in the development of system software for different eBooks. Five years ago I decided to start working with more interesting things and since that time I do not watch the actual platforms. Now I want to buy a ebook, preferably 6" with Wifi for experiments and privat firmware developments. What should I buy? I there platforms with open sourced drivers? What the devices are easy to hack now?
sartakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Perhaps the Kobo models that use an internal microSD card, some don't.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
pluma
Enthusiast
pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartakov View Post
Many years ago, I was engaged in the development of system software for different eBooks. Five years ago I decided to start working with more interesting things and since that time I do not watch the actual platforms. Now I want to buy a ebook, preferably 6" with Wifi for experiments and privat firmware developments. What should I buy? I there platforms with open sourced drivers? What the devices are easy to hack now?
Although I have a kobo, I'd look also into Pocketbook devices, some serious h4x0ring going on there. Some stuff more advanced than on kobo.

I forgot to add that Pocketbook hasn't removed SD slot and audio jack, which is good for epubs with audio. This is a fatal mistake by kobo.

Last edited by pluma; 01-28-2017 at 04:42 PM.
pluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
best device for tinkering is kobo glo hd: good screen, good light, cheap and with removable internal storage. Bootloader and linux sources are provided. You can change all the partition scheme if you keep the first 10mb untouched.

If you don't need frontlight then the kobo mini is a good options and there are cheap on ebay
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote