Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #166
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Did you not get the joke? I can't tell from your post.

I know he is a billionaire. As a result of the recession he's now a millionaire (that's the joke.)
Oh....right....
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #167
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Like the old chestnut about how to be a millionaire in this economy -- start as a multimillionaire. Same joke, different route.

Somewhat like, You can always tell a Harvard man, you just can't tell him much.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #168
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Something funny Warren Buffett recently said:

"Tony and I feel like two hungry mosquitoes in a nudist camp," Buffett said of Geico in his annual letter to shareholders. "Juicy targets are everywhere."
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #169
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
DO you want to know how bad the recession is?

I just read about millionaire Warren Buffett.
Is he that singer that likes margaritas?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #170
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The Flintstones movie has been released on DVD in the Middle East.
The folks in Riyadh don't want to watch it, but the ones in Abu Dhabi do.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #171
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
This is a great thread, thanks to all. Here the one my girlfriend always tell to make me smile.

How do you make a donkey drink?

Spoiler:
You put him in a blender
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #172
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
This is a great thread, thanks to all. Here the one my girlfriend always tell to make me smile.

Spoiler:
You put him in a blender
You have a very sick girlfriend. She's a keeper.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #173
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #174
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
You have a very sick girlfriend. She's a keeper.
We used to know that (with appropriate variation) as one of the many baby jokes. Quite sick, yes.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #175
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post

Spoiler:
You put him in a blender

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #176
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir

Sex in the Dark

There was this couple that had been married for 20 years.

Every time they made love the husband always insisted on shutting off the light.

Well, after 20 years the wife felt this was ridiculous.

She figured she would break him of this habit. So one night, while they were in the middle of a wild,screaming, romantic session, she turned on the lights. She looked down and saw her husband was holding a battery-operated leisure device... A vibrator! Soft,wonderful and larger than a real one. She went completely ballistic. 'You impotent bastard,'

She screamed at him, 'How could you be lying to me all of these years? You better explain yourself!'

The husband looks her straight in the eyes and says calmly:

'I'll explain the toy . You explain the kids.'

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #177
RWood
Technogeezer

Sent to me by an old high schooll friend that I have not seen in many years. She wrote:

”Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.”
Old 03-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #178
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
My house has metal siding, with metal trim on the corners. Squirrels like to climb up the trim. They make an odd clickety clackity sound.

I'm not joking; I saw one do it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #179
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
My house has metal siding, with metal trim on the corners. Squirrels like to climb up the trim. They make an odd clickety clackity sound.

I'm not joking; I saw one do it.
One of the squirrels in my father's neighborhood likes to climb up the inside of his downspouts. Makes a hell of a lot of noise.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #180
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfox View Post
One of the squirrels in my father's neighborhood likes to climb up the inside of his downspouts. Makes a hell of a lot of noise.
That's what I thought mine were doing until I saw one climbing up the trim.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote