Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
SurrealDelight
SurrealDelight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Post How to put books (using Calibre) on the Kindle Fire?

How can I put books on the kindle fire? I have all my books ready to go in .mobi format and with metadata downloaded and it sums up to 120 books. How can I put these on my kindle fire so:

1) It shows up in the books section
2) It has it's metadata (cover, etc.)

Thanks in advance!!!
SurrealDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
The metadata should already be there in the file. Just make sure the file doesn't have the PDOC tag, and copy the files over. You don't even need to use Calibre for that part. Just plug the Fire in, and copy items to the same folder your other books are in.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
tracys3sons
tracys3sons began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
It's easiest if you have the USB for the fire. I have another kindle so I had the USB ready to go. One thing that was giving me trouble, I hadn't updated Calibre in a while, and the newer version has the drivers for the KF. Once I updated and plugged in my kindle, it shows up on the calibre toolbar and I could just select to send to device. Before I updated the software, I was unable to get the books loaded no matter what method I tried. Some would load, others would not. Good luck.
tracys3sons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-books, fire, kindle, kindle fire