Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #31
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I've just finished the book. K.C May congratulations on a very captivating fantasy story. I didn't want it to end. I haven't read that much fantasy from before (I've previously read the Paks series, Dragon champion and Dragon avenger) but this book is the best I've read so far. I don't know why but I especially liked the gargoyle locks, clever.

I've rated it on Smashwords.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #32
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Thank you so much for the kind words and awesome review! Readers like you motivate me to keep writing.

Do you happen to have an Amazon account? The book could use more reviews over there, too (copy/paste works great!).

kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #33
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Acckkkk! I just finished this only to find there is no sequel yet and I didn't find a hint of a sequel on your website.

Please tell me there is one in the works. . . .

(This was a really fun book--I highly recommend it to fantasy fans.)
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #34
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry! There IS a sequel in the works, but when I was halfway done with the first draft, another story demanded to be written first. I'm just now finishing up that one and will work on the next Kinshield adventure after this.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #35
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Thumbs up Sequel

Not quite finished, but enjoy the story! There is definitely a sequel here.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #36
kcmay
Addict

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! I'm actually getting excited about writing the sequel again.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
kcmay
Addict

Updated the "blurb," coupon code and... I got a new cover! Soon I'll redo the print version with the new cover. (Paperback should also come down in price -- I hope!)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #38
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
KC, I just recommended you to a friend for his listmania. I'll get around to reviewing you soon...yer next on the list.

I liked your old cover better, this one's pretty neat too, but your font kills me. Is that Arial?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #39
kcmay
Addict

Thanks, Jaxx! Can't wait to see what you think of it.

I've had a number of people say they liked the original cover better. I didn't like the font on it -- it didn't stand out enough, and the curli-ques made me shudder. It occurred to me there might be a rights issue with using it, since the original publisher had created it for the hardcover edition.

The new cover page uses Baskerville Old Face for the title and author name.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #40
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
Just stopping by to say hello......
M. R. Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #41
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I liked your old cover better
Me too
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #42
kcmay
Addict

I did play around with a different font on the old cover, but still wasn't real happy with it. I have to admit, though, when the book first came out, I was thrilled with the cover because that particular publisher has a history of making (IMO) hokey covers.

For my upcoming SF novel, I'm having a real artist do it.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #43
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I really enjoyed this book! You can read my review on my blog or on Smashwords.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #44
kcmay
Addict

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it so much.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #45
kcmay
Addict

The Kinshield Legacy received two new 5-star reviews at Amazon this week! Check 'em out.

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy ebooks, fantasy novels, sword and sorcery, women warriors