Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 02:01 AM   #1
IFireflyl
IFireflyl began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
Calibre Sort Issue

Hello. I am having an issue with Calibre and Calibre Companion (Android) where a certain book is not being sorted properly. My sort order on PC and Android is by Author first, and then by Book Order (a custom column). It looks like it's working fine for every other book, but I have over 300 books, so maybe it's occurring elsewhere and I just haven't seen it.

Here is a screenshot of my Tweaks tab that shows the sort order:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WcPfgM5.png
Views:	148
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	165733

Here are screenshots where it's obviously not being sorted by Author for just this one book.

Name:	QWMmkc3.png
Views:	124
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	165734

Name:	hsqrX3b.png
Views:	124
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	165735

Any thoughts or suggestions on what could be causing this? I've tried copying the Author name from one of the properly sorted books and pasting it in the book that's out of order, but this doesn't resolve the issue. And as I said earlier, this sort issue carries over into Calibre Companion for Android.

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-20-2018 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Upload images to MR
IFireflyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@IFireflyl - please take heed of the Guidelines you agreed to abide by, specifically posting guideline #9, which specifies size limits for in-line images.

If you upload images to MR they will be show as thumbnails

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@IFireflyl it would help if the images showed the column headers, and if you told us how the custom column is defined.

Authors are sorted on the author_sort value - check any anomalies in Metadata Edit or in Manage Authors

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would check the author_sort field for the problem book as that is the field that is actually used when sorting by authors.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
Sphinxx
Sphinxx began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Auro One
Also check that the language is the same in the metadata, that has screwed with my sorting before
Sphinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 12:22 AM   #6
IFireflyl
IFireflyl began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
@BetterRed, I apologize for the image size.

To all of you, I appreciate all of your help. It was the Author Sort. Manage Authors had the Author Sort and the Author set to the same thing (I prefer to have my authors listed by First and Last Name). I just assumed that all of my ebooks that I added would have the Author Sort be correct. I was mistaken. I fixed the Author Sort and my books are now completely in order.

Thanks again!
IFireflyl is offline   Reply With Quote