Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile New Contest: Just become a free member!!

Dear All:

This one is simple! No designing, no purchase, no Facebook.

Here is what we will do:

We are having a membership drive for www.MyEZread.com. It is open world wide.

All we ask is that you become a free member at our new eBook Store. We will not sell your info. It will be kept confidential to Astak. We may, once a month or so send you an email telling you about new eBooks on our site or new devices we are rolling out... but you would want to know anyway, right?

The winner will be pulled out of a hat after one month. The drive is from today until May 7. Anybody that is already a free Member is also in the drawing. I, personally, will draw the winner and announce. You can be anywhere in the world... no geographic restrictions! Just become a free member if you are not already and have a chance to win a shiny new Black 6 inch EZ Reader Basic with free case and ear buds. I, personally, will announce the winner on this forum. You know me and you know I am 100% honest. You have my word it will be totally fair!! This contest is NOT open to employees or Astak or their family. Kindle and Sony people are invited; but may feel bad that they did not buy an Astak product.

Our Evil PM has approved after much beating and torture!! We expect maybe 200 members as a result of this drive. So... your odds are very good. We will pay to mail the unit to the winner. All warranties will be included! Only people who complete the membership fully (which is pretty simplistic) will be in the drawing! Tell your friends to enter. Enroll your spouse! Please your special friend! Enter your lovers!! Please, no animals or fake names!! I will be checking!!

You can ONLY enroll ONCE! No stuffing the hat!

I cannot make this any easier to win!!

Last edited by Robertb; 04-09-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Thanks for letting us know! I will let my husband and Mom know! And I am assuming there is an age limit on this... when my 9-year old saw my pretty Pocket Pro, she said she wanted one, too. But I will be good and not enter her in. *lol* But I'll definitely let my husband and Mom know! Oh, and his Mom too, because after she saw mine, she was interested, too.... hm... who else can I tell? Ok, well, I'm off to let people know!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Oh, and Robert, you should put the bookstore address in your signature!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Okay, Cool! this is great I'll tell my husband about it!

Last edited by diokdin; 04-09-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: done with membership...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Oh, and also, is there any plan to put this information up on the ebookstore's main page? It might encourage people who just happen to stop by to sign up for a free membership.
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great idea... I forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Oh, and Robert, you should put the bookstore address in your signature!
Dear Davimee:

YES. Than you for a needed reminder. I added it. You hit the nail on the head!!

I think the minimum age should be 9 years old!! That is alright. I think children, as long as it is safe, should have a chance to win also.

BUT... no children that eat eBook Readers please!! We are not responsible for eaten devices or choking children (please be careful).
Old 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Robertb

I would love to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Oh, and also, is there any plan to put this information up on the ebookstore's main page? It might encourage people who just happen to stop by to sign up for a free membership.
Dear Davimee:

Will try. The Webmaster is over-run with changes right now like adding a survey when people purchase... simple one (just check boxes).
Old 04-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
i just signed up!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Awesome! Signed up! Didn't even ask for my address! Nice!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Yep, signed up too. I tell you, especially being an Aussie, it is damned good having an ebook store that doesn't have Geo Restrictions.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #11
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I agree with that! Though I haven't bought anything yet because I'm concerned about not getting my goods. A couple people have bought books from the site and ended up not getting them since this whole new agency model pricing bullshit has come into effect.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
It doesn't?

Try buying a cheapie book to test it out. Unless you have a credit card with a US billing address you're sol!

If somebody has a solution, I'd love to hear it. Paypal might be the only hope for those of us not living in the good ol' US of A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Yep, signed up too. I tell you, especially being an Aussie, it is damned good having an ebook store that doesn't have Geo Restrictions.
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
It doesn't?

Try buying a cheapie book to test it out. Unless you have a credit card with a US billing address you're sol!

If somebody has a solution, I'd love to hear it. Paypal might be the only hope for those of us not living in the good ol' US of A.
I havent bought anything yet, but Robert mentioned that Google will only allow their ebooks to be sold in the US. I successfully downloaded a Google book and it worked.

Which book did you try and buy? Every book I looked at didn't hint at GR.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Credit Card PURCHASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I havent bought anything yet, but Robert mentioned that Google will only allow their ebooks to be sold in the US. I successfully downloaded a Google book and it worked.

Which book did you try and buy? Every book I looked at didn't hint at GR.
You can circumvent geographic limitations any old time by using VPN. If you have to.

But, for ANY transaction that requires PURCHASING with a CREDIT CARD, that's when you're up against the US billing address problem. Certainly it ain't Astak's fault that most books can only be sold within US.

My point is: myreader.com has the same restrictions regarding overseas PURCHASE, as any other ebook store in the States. If anybody knows of any US bookstore that allows purchase from Overseas, please, do enlighten me. Thanks.
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
You can circumvent geographic limitations any old time by using VPN. If you have to.

But, for ANY transaction that requires PURCHASING with a CREDIT CARD, that's when you're up against the US billing address problem. Certainly it ain't Astak's fault that most books can only be sold within US.

My point is: myreader.com has the same restrictions regarding overseas PURCHASE, as any other ebook store in the States. If anybody knows of any US bookstore that allows purchase from Overseas, please, do enlighten me. Thanks.
Interesting

MyEZREAD is charging Sales Tax Based upon their Location (Santa Clara County rate), not "Shipped to" Location (CAL residents).
That simple process of properly following California Tax law proves that the process of Geo Restriction should be based upon the SELLING location, not the delivery location.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote