Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #16
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
I received the cover and I have mixed feelings.

On the plus side, it's light and the way the cover flips back in the back does indeed make it easier to read one handed.

On the minus side, the holes are slightly misaligned and generally too low: the hole for seeing the green light on the top right is just below it so you cannot see the light, the top border actually covers the top millimeter of the screen, and the control button is not aligned in the round hole, which makes pressing down easy, pressing right and left OK, and pressing up a bit awkward.

I also find it a bit bulky when the cover is folded back. The stand and the closing flap that goes between the cover and the back of the cybook make it a bit thick for my taste. I'm thinking of cutting off the stand, which I don't think I'll use.

Finally the part of the cover that's in front of the screen when it's closed seems slightly less rigid than the bookeen cover. Should be perfectly OK for carrying in my purse though.

Well, I guess it'll take some travelling around before I fully make up my mind on this case.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

One more minus: because the control button is not centered in the round hole, it is partly covered, and thus it is pressed when I carry it in my purse. It always go back a few pages, and once today when I left it for two hours while walking, it had gone back all the way to the beginning of the book...

So right now I'm debating whether I should just send the cover back, or try to widen the hole with a cutter.
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Can't you push the Cybook further down so that the holes are properly centered? If you can't, I'd say the cover is either defective or badly designed.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #19
JapaG
JapaG began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Mine is also very slightly off, although so little that it doesn't bother me. And I love the stand, since I read a lot while eating, and it helps to align the reader better for my viewing.

I haven't noticed the buttons pressed by themeselves, but that is due to the fact that I always turn the device off when not reading...

If the buttons are pressed by themselves when carrying, I'd also say that it is a problem.

I'm sorry if my enthusiasm has guided you to make a bad purchase.
JapaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
chlorine
Addict

Well, it's tough to say whether the cover is badly designed or not, given that it was not strictly speaking designed for a cybook. Maybe the two devices are slightly different.

JapaG, don't be sorry!
You are quite happy with the case and that's what matters. Different people have different habits and there's no perfect thing for everybody. My concern in posting here was to warn other people about what I didn't like, not to complain about your advice.

Anyway I think I'll try and cut it a bit this week-end, to see if I can prevent the button presses. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #21
fani
fani began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi,

I know that this is an old thread but is it possible that you can post pictures of your Cybook with this case?

Thanks
fani is offline   Reply With Quote