Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
erdem
erdem began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Need help with e store!!!

Hi everybody,

I have been reading this forum for a long time and after purchasing a PRS-300 I decided to join in.

I have a serious problem though; I installed the Reader Library version 3.1 and decided to use it to buy a few books - sort of like a new year gift for my myself. I got through the buying process all right but when I try to download the books I get an error code (content download failed -13 ) and nothing gets downloaded.

So now I have a reader, I purchased e-books but I can not get the books to download so I can read them.

Any ideas on how I can get my already paid-for-books into my PRS-300?

Thanks
erdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, erdem I am sorry that your first official post is one with a problem.

I have the 505, but haven't ventured on to the new download of the Reader library. I have Vista on my book laptop and decided to wait until all the problems are sorted out.

There are a few threads around that have discussions about problems with the whole new Reader Library. You may want to check some of those out. I found that even though the thread title has one problem that the posters may post about another problem in the same thread and it gets responses.

Good Luck and enjoy your 300.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Adobe password required to READ ePub Sony Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdem View Post
I got through the buying process all right but when I try to download the books I get an error code (content download failed -13 ) and nothing gets downloaded.
So now I have a reader, I purchased e-books but I can not get the books to download so I can read them.
Any ideas on how I can get my already paid-for-books into my PRS-300?
Thanks
You are allowed to purchase the books but are not allowed to read them unless you get an Adobe ID and Password at www.adobe.com. Just register there to use it with Sony purchases.

You then must enter it with the Sony eReader connected with the Sony 3.1 software running.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote