Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 06:12 AM   #211
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
If Fry's sold them too low, wouldn't that lead to them needing to buy more from you.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #212
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Well, having not charged my EZ Reader Pro since last Tuesday, i have read 3 EPUB ebooks so far, totaling 981 pages before I finally dropped 1 bar on my battery meter today. The page count is based on the smallest font size, where the previous post indicated the count at one or two font sizes higher. Now, to see if the counts remain consistent across bars.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #213
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
i was told that the pro reader unless turned completely off has something running in the background to suck up battery. as per email from support.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #214
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yes the ppro does use a little power when not turned off, But I used to leave my bebook 6" on all the time (you can't beat grab and read) and that lasted way longer than my ppro before showing less then a full charge, And thats with a 6" display !
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #215
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
i was told that the pro reader unless turned completely off has something running in the background to suck up battery. as per email from support.
Something is wrong with this idea.

The power button is a Logical power Switch. It needs to be powered to work, just like most modern PC's that don't have a rocker/toggle to power off which draw a few watts when "off".

I see little battery charge difference powering "OFF" or "Locking". I get a week of hours of daily use out of a single "charge" I suspect that "Green LED on time is a good indicator of power being consumed (and has no way of indicating "how much" total)

The screen uses NO power (see the picture of the disassembled PEz) when not changing the screen image.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #216
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

The screen uses NO power (see the picture of the disassembled PEz) when not changing the screen image.

Where this really sunk into my consciousness was after I received my Kindle2 which when powered off displays a random image on the screen.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #217
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Yes the ppro does use a little power when not turned off, But I used to leave my bebook 6" on all the time (you can't beat grab and read) and that lasted way longer than my ppro before showing less then a full charge, And thats with a 6" display !
Agreed! Now, mind you, I expected the battery life on the Pocket Pro to at least seem slightly less than on the 6" Bebook for the simple reason that the screen is smaller and therefore it requires more page turns to read the same book. However, after doing considerable testing (charging with different USB cables; charging from PC versus wall charger; using keyboard lock versus powering off versus leaving on between uses; using different SD cards, using no SD card; etc.), it's clear that, under all circumstances, the keyboard lock uses pretty much the same amount of power as simply leaving the device on. There may be a slight difference but nothing of significance. The battery life that I see when turning the Pocket Pro off between uses is in line with the battery life that I saw from the 6" Bebook when using the keyboard lock between uses.

So, no matter what the official story may be, if you're experiencing unacceptable battery life with the Pocket Pro, try powering off instead of using the keyboard lock between uses. There is a significant difference.

Unfortunately, I don't consider powering it off to be an acceptable alternative since, added delay of boot time aside, there's the additional hassle and delay caused by the darn thing returning to the main menu every blasted time that it's turned off and back on again. Very, very irritating, to say the least.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #218
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
That was my first thought also but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Dear Kenny:

Yes, at first I thought: GOOD!! They sell too low and we sell more!!

Then the phone starts ringing from all other online stores selling the EZ Reader Pocket PRO and from all the prospective ones who are wanting to carry it. They are furious as they think we must have given a phenomenal price to FRYs and are gouging them. Prospective carriers want the same deal as we gave FRY's.

Trust me, we sell a few units more but all hell breaks loose!! My boss wants me shot and other carriers want to buy the ammunition!!

There is an old saying: "You can never do JUST ONE THING!". Everything is inter-related!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote