Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by khlong9 View Post
Perhaps a PDA-sized device is good idea as I know absolutely nothing about them can you recommend one to me please
Keith
Well, I have Palm TX and it's quite ok - apart from very short battery life compared to einks. And that's the main drawback imho, since I don't mind backlit screen that much. Other people use/used Axim-s, Hp-s, etc.

I dream of device with fast, non-breakable screen, some sort of wireless connectivity (wifi would be great), input area with touchscreen - and great battery life

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Perhaps a PDA-sized device is good idea as I know absolutely nothing about them can you recommend one to me please
Keith
Something like a Pocket PC will give you great flexibility in terms of the reading applications you can put on it. Try to find a full VGA-resolution one, such as the Dell Axim or HP iPaq; that gives you a very clear image. I have an iPaq 4700 which works very well as a reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I would like to thank all of you for your reply's I really appreciate it, and as they are all all of a similar theme it's got me thinking that it must be something that I am doing wrong. I'm certainly not dropping them, the only answer I've come up with so far is that often I wear trousers that have a large pocket in the leg just the right size to take a reader is it feasible that it could be banging against my leg when I walk? An occasional introspection can it seems be of value and with regard to my comments on leaving MR by your leave I wish to take them back as they were just a stupid display of my frustration
Keith

Do you have them in a case?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
kren
Connoisseur
kren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enough

Device: iPod Touch ipad
yes GoeffC I had all of them in a case
kren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #20
itolot
itolot began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x51v
Quote:
I'm using a Dell Axim x51v at the moment, which is quite usable as an eBook reader, thanks to the resolution of 640x480. However, I am going to switch to a Nokia N810 because it has a higher resolution (800x480) and other features I'd like to have. Its predecessors (N800 and 770 (without an "N")) are quite cheap to get (<100$ at ebay) and offer the same resolution. They receive good reviews all over the net as eBook readers (well, at least what I could find).
itolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
also, Ipod touch is probably the best Ebook Reader in the category if you dont care about mobi Pocket.

putting it in your pants pocket is a major thing, every time you sit down or bump into something, CRACK.

I used to keep mine in my jacket pocket, then i thew my jacket on my bed, then my girlfriend threw herself on my bed, and broke my reader, the PRS-500.

This led to the habit of the first thing i do when i get in my room is take my reader out of my breast pocket.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote