Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.8.5 Released

Info and packages.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-30-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: fixed link to releases
Old 03-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The packages link is dead.

The blog post mentions the whole lots-of-changes thing, and that there is no source revision to look at. Can I suggest for the sake of less confusion, that in the future development happens on a feature branch, and HEAD is reserved for completed changes? Then we can, like, tag a release...

It is traditional, after all...

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-29-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Advert
Old 03-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
As for FlgihtCrew, validation isn’t going away.

eschwartz said the rest
Old 03-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The packages link is dead.
This has been fixed. GitHub won't allow you to make a release without a tag.

Quote:
The blog post mentions the whole lots-of-changes thing, and that there is no source revision to look at.
There is now.

Quote:
Can I suggest for the sake of less confusion, that in the future development
happens on a feature branch, and HEAD is reserved for completed changes? Then we can, like, tag a release...

It is traditional, after all...
Um... No, that's asinine. You can easily create a branch based on a tag and use that for the basis of bug fixes. Really for each release it should get it's own maintenance branch so head isn't tied up and not able to accept changes.

Realize that even complete feature changes made to head aren't always suitable for a bug fix/maintenance, PATCH release. So this situation wouldn't have been averted by only accepting complete feature changes into head. The only way to truly allow for patch release while continuing development is for me not to be lazy and to create maintenance branches for every release so fixes like this can be tracked.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
The packages seem to be there now. At least I can see them. User-none made this release at my request purely to fix the "Disappearing CSS" bug and "Crash in Create HTML toc" that were recently reported.

Given the huge restructuring that Sigil is undergoing, we decided to handle that in master instead of the PyExperiment branch because it is effectively a one way street and we felt that the end of the 0.8.x line had been reached. I did not forsee the need for a Sigil 0.8.5 release so soon after Sigil 0.8.4 and before the alpha series of the Sigil 0.9 releases.

Take care,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 03-29-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The packages link brings up a 404 error.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon -- the blog page has the corrected link, it is https://github.com/user-none/Sigil/releases/tag/0.8.5
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

John is still correct: Post 1 'packages' is bad
Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Um, yes... I am aware, hence why I didn't say he was wrong (not correcting him implies I agree) -- but I figured posting the corrected link would make everyone happy...
Old 03-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Um, yes... I am aware, hence why I didn't say he was wrong (not correcting him implies I agree) -- but I figured posting the corrected link would make everyone happy...
I was not sure what 'Packages' was supposed to link to.
Source Code?
or
Installable.

I can 'fix' the link once I am positive I am not going to do something else wrong
Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi theDucks,

I took care of that. It should now work.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Source Code?
or
Installable.

I can 'fix' the link once I am positive I am not going to do something else wrong
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Source Code?
or
Installable.

Same as this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255412 (still stickied?)
Or the packages link on the "info" page.

It points to the GitHub "release" tag, with attached Win/OSX/Source uploads.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Same as this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255412 (still stickied?)
Or the packages link on the "info" page.

It points to the GitHub "release" tag, with attached Win/OSX/Source uploads.
Now Un stuck
Closed Thread