Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
jeather
Enthusiast
jeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo
PRS-650 and Calibre 0.8.37

I suddenly cannot get Calibre 0.8.37 to read the list of books on my Sony PRS-650. The drive shows up fine in Windows 7, I can browse to any book on the device, and Calibre seems to know that I have attached something, and I can send books to the device. I am using PRS+, but I have been using that for a while. I believe 0.8.35 worked last. I have restarted my computer since upgrading, and cannot think of any other changes I have made since.

Any clues/ideas/solutions? The error message is below.

Thanks.

calibre, version 0.8.37
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 338, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 199, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 242, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 248, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 386, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 384, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'
jeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeather View Post
I suddenly cannot get Calibre 0.8.37 to read the list of books on my Sony PRS-650. The drive shows up fine in Windows 7, I can browse to any book on the device, and Calibre seems to know that I have attached something, and I can send books to the device. I am using PRS+, but I have been using that for a while. I believe 0.8.35 worked last. I have restarted my computer since upgrading, and cannot think of any other changes I have made since.

Any clues/ideas/solutions? The error message is below.

Thanks.

calibre, version 0.8.37
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 338, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 199, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 242, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 248, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 386, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 384, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'H:\\metadata.calibre'
metadata.calibre may be damaged.
Shut down Calibre (can't be running)
Delete that file (on H
you might run windows Disk check on that drive, tick ONLY "Automatically Fix File system errors" while you are at it.
When that is done.
Restart Calibre.
It will take a bit of time to scan and rebuild the list of Books Calibre finds on your reader.

That should help
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert