Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
RV_Yotsman
RV_Yotsman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650;Kindle DX
G'day from Sydney

I love my Sony PRS-650 which I have been using since September 2010.
I am brand new to forums, I even had trouble finding how to put this message on the forum and finally figured out that the message is called a thread. My hope is by joining this forum I can get assistance in using Calibre. I find Calibre
an extremely useful program however they have just purchased a Kindle DX for my wife and I am having trouble downloading the News to each eReader as the conversion from epub to mobi and vice versa loses some meta data index detail.
Hopefully some kind and knowledgeable person out there in the cyber land will be able to assist me.
Cheers
RV_Yotsman
RV_Yotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi RV and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Hi from an ex-Sydney reader!
There is probably a technical way to do this - but as a quick and dirty fix (if you have 2 computers in the house) why not try loading Calibre on both and setting up one for the Sony and one for the Kindle? This way you can each choose exactly which magazine and book goes on which device.
I don't have 2 devices working from one computer, but if Calibre is detecting which device is plugged in then the other non-techy way might be to download magazines onto one device, then delete them from the computer, plug in the other reader and download the ones your wife wants again (just go into Fetch News and hit the "download now" button). Seems a bit clunky so some other MR members might have a better idea.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, RV. And you'll find Sony and Calibre a marriage made in heaven. Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
RV_Yotsman
RV_Yotsman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650;Kindle DX
Thanks for the reply.I already use the clunky method of running the welcome Wizard and choosing the Sony when I want to download to the Sony and run the welcome Wizard again choosing the Kindle DX when downloading to the Kindle. I was hoping for a quick method.
Calibre is almost perfect. It does better than 80% of what I need to and is improving all the time. Thanks again, RV
RV_Yotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
The perfect place ..... Calibre Forum ...

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote