Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #16
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I also do confirm that I never had such a behaviour on my Cybook (build 796).
I do have to press the center button in order to go back to the library.

I've tried it again just before writing this message, even at different speeds, and the only difference I get is that the Up keypress is not detected when I do it too fast.
The only difference with the situation described is that the Cybook had just been started.

I guess we'll have to wait for some data from Bookeen, though maybe delphidb96's experience could be an interesting addition to the information sent to Bookeen by tompe.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 11-13-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #17
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I also do confirm that I never had such a behaviour on my Cybook (build 796).
I do have to press the center button in order to go back to the library.

I've tried it again just before writing this message, even at different speeds, and the only difference I get is that the Up keypress is not detected when I do it too fast.
The only difference with the situation described is that the Cybook had just been started.

I guess we'll have to wait for some data from Bookeen, though maybe delphidb96's experience could be an interesting addition to the information sent to Bookeen by tompe.
I'm in the Gaurnim/HarryT camp. Can't reproduce Dereks behavior in any way, and with 2 hours of reading a day I think of myself as a moderate user.

Strange
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but do you think we could be pressing the button in different ways? Could you, perhaps, be accidentally "catching" the centre button as you're pressing the direction buttons? That's honestly the only explanation I can think of which could account for this! I'm not kidding when I say that it's literally never happened to me, and although the time I spend reading isn't at your level, I do spend a couple of hours a day reading, so my Gen3 gets a good "workout".
Harry,

Ummm... Not sure I can describe the way I press the controls on my Cybook, but I'll give it a go... When I'm in 'reading the next page' mode, I use the corner of my thumb, where the thumbnail meets the flesh at the side, to 'hook' onto the bottom edge of the navigation control (henceforth the D-Pad). That way I just have to 'click' down on the D-Pad to go to the next page. If I want to access the Contextual Menu, I lift my thumb away from the bottom edge of the D-Pad, move it to the central button and press down until it 'clicks' and then release.

Now if I attempt to manipulate the D-Pad, while the green light is glowing showing that it's still processing the 'bring up the C-Menu' stuff - even if the C-Menu is showing - the Cybook will, instead of moving up and down the C-Menu, immediately fire off the menu choice that the C-Menu has positioned the cursor at.

If I wait until the LED stops glowing green, then I can press the D-Pad buttons to move up and down the C-Menu. But I must wait until the LED stops glowing before I can press the central button to select a menu choice or the C-Menu implements the last menu choice *prior* to the one I wanted.

*UNLESS* I am on the Back to Library menu choice! In which case I get the Cybook to exit the ebook in question and return to the Library. *BUT*! It then immediately acts as if I had clicked to open the ebook I just exited!

Okay. Got that?

And for all you slackers, zoners and pikers out there, *I* consider 2 hours of continuous reading to be a 'quick break'. "Moderate" use to me is 4-5 hours and "Normal" is 8-9 hours in a session.

What can I say? I'm disabled, don't work and don't have many physical hobbies to keep me busy.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #19
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
I'm in the Gaurnim/HarryT camp. Can't reproduce Dereks behavior in any way, and with 2 hours of reading a day I think of myself as a moderate user.

Strange
It is strange. I haven't experienced it, either.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #20
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I have not seen it since I wrote about it so for me it is definitely an intermittent problem.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote