Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2019, 01:47 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Landscape mode problem

I decided to try out the H2O2 in landscape mode to get a feel for what the Libra would be like. Enabling the patch was no problem, but clearly I've done something wrong, because ALL the touchscreen control points are where they would be in portrait mode

This makes navigation an erratic guessing game of trying to figure out where abouts on the screen to press, and nearly caused me to buy some totally random book from the store. I'm going to revert to the patch without Landscape enabled in the meantime, but what exactly did I do wrong?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Yeah, that seems to happen on certain devices (remember that landscape isn't supported officially on all devices). There isn't much I can do about it in a patch without also messing up portrait. You didn't do anything wrong yourself.

@NiLuJe probably knows more about why this happens.

P.S. I'll add a warning to the patch.

Last edited by geek1011; 09-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks geek1011, I did know the patch is unsupported. I am just pleased that for once it wasn't my fault
Old 09-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
You can try the landscape mode by installing Koreader on the device, and you can choose to read one or two columns
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The H2O² is probably going to be the worst of the bunch, because it's the one device where the touch layer and the panel are (much more) at odds which each other than usual.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Thanks NiLuJe - one more reason to keep saving for my Libra I guess. Patching my Kobo is as much as I can be bothered to do, never going to bother with KOreader or the like.