Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Kindle App on Galaxy Tab A - SD Storage Problem

I recently installed the latest Amazon Kindle app (from Google Play) on my Galaxy Tab A, with the intention of using an installed SD card for storage, a must since the tablet storage is 16 gb and my books are more than 8 gb. It seemed to go well, works fine, but running Device Maintenance today shows 9.1 gb on both internal and external storage. What did I miss? How to get this tablet to put this just on the SD card? Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Last edited by Plumadona; 01-23-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Greater clarity
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You can not Read the ebooks on the SD Card. That is why I returned mine.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't have the Kindle app on my Galaxy Tab A but I do have it on my Galaxy phone. I installed the version that allows use of the SD card a couple of weeks ago, I think. I didn't really look into it. I just installed it and forgot it.

I just now checked and it says in settings that it puts books you've downloaded AFTER you install it on the SD card. Presumably that means those installed before were in main storage. I can't test that because my habit is to keep only my current book on my phone and I've begun another book since then. So I don't have any books that were downloaded before the new version of the app was installed.

You might try removing your books and downloading them again to see if that makes a difference, assuming you don't have too many for that to be convenient.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I don't have the Kindle app on my Galaxy Tab A but I do have it on my Galaxy phone. I installed the version that allows use of the SD card a couple of weeks ago, I think. I didn't really look into it. I just installed it and forgot it.

I just now checked and it says in settings that it puts books you've downloaded AFTER you install it on the SD card. Presumably that means those installed before were in main storage. I can't test that because my habit is to keep only my current book on my phone and I've begun another book since then. So I don't have any books that were downloaded before the new version of the app was installed.

You might try removing your books and downloading them again to see if that makes a difference, assuming you don't have too many for that to be convenient.

Barry
I do have way too many books, but did as you said (took everything out and started from scratch) and it all seems to be fine now. It’s a good thing too, since the bloatware takes up so much of the internal memory I wouldn’t have be able to load them all on. The new Kindle for Android was a godsend for me - with a 32 gb sd card, the sky’s the limit!. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
Plumadona
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
You can not Read the ebooks on the SD Card. That is why I returned mine.
This was the case for a long time, but the new version of Kindle for Android (not Kindle for Samsung) changed that and you can now use an sd card for storage. Someone posted that info here in December, bless ‘em

I just fixed my problem, and it works fine now. If you need more space, you might want to give it a try.

Last edited by Plumadona; 01-26-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: clarity
Advert