Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
help with new Calibre instalation

I have been using Calibre for quite a few years. It has been on my PC and laptop. I keep the four libraries in DropBox. So both the PC and laptop can access my ebooks.

I now have a new PC and I installed Calibre but it shows none of my libraries. How do I tell PC Calibre where my libaries are located??

Thanks.

BAD
No Cal
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Right-click the Library icon in the toolbar.

There are two (pertinent, and several irrelevant) menu options:
  • Switch/Create Library.
    Use this to create new libraries, but one of the options in the popup allows you to add a pre-existing library from the specified location.
  • Export/Import all calibre data.
    Brand-new tool for migrating to another computer. If you weren't backed up to Dropbox, you would use this to save your settings + all four libraries, then import the save folder on the new computer to restore everything.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert