Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
TheBatman
TheBatman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Error 'NoneType' is not iterable with Alkido reader

Hi
I'm trying to connect to Calibre through Aldiko reader on my new Kindle 7 (2015) and in Aldiko I'm able to find Calibre just fine but trying to connect gives me a "500 Server Error". In Calibre I'm getting this error:
-------------
[30/Dec/2015:17:49:50] ENGINE TypeError("argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable",)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 1292, in communicate
File "site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 580, in parse_request
File "site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\wsgiserver2.py", line 644, in read_request_line
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
-------------

I can browse to calibre in chrome on my kindle just fine so I'm not sure if the issue is with Calibre or Aldiko.
This is my first Kindle device. I can access Calibre just fine with Marvin on my ipad but I don't know if thats just a red herring or not.
Thanks
TheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What OS is calibre running on? What version of calibre?

By "Kindle", I assume you mean Kindle Fire?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
TheBatman

I'm up to date:
Kindle fire 5.1.1
Calibre 2.47.0 (64 bit)
Aldiko 3.0.21
Old 12-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you have added /opds to the end of the URL you are using in aldiko for the calibre server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
TheBatman

I was using 192.168.0.2:8080
but now I've changed it to: 192.168.0.2/opds:8080
That gives the same error in the calibre log and now Aldiko is trying to open the link in silk browser which doesn't seem right.
Advert
Old 12-31-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You want

192.168.0.2:8080/opds
Old 12-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
TheBatman

ah!
I got an invalid url error in Aldiko but I tried the same link in the browser and got an xml file of my books so I'm thinking the issue is with Aldiko. Thanks for your assistance
Old 12-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Stick http:// at the start

http://192.168.0.2:8080/opds

Tags
aldiko, caliber, kindle fire