Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Collections on Kindle 3rd gen not showed in calibre

Hallo,

I'm the owner of a kindle 3rd gen, the one showed in this image (from wikipedia). On the reader my books are organized in four collections.

When I connect the device to calibre and I go to the books in the reader, the column "Collections" shows only a bit of data, many collections are not showed.

Is this a fault of mine or a feature not properly developed in calibre?

(I hope that my poor english was able to make clear my problem).

Many thanks.
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....es-on-the-nook
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Quote:
Note that in the case of the Kindle, there is a way to manipulate collections via USB, but it requires that the Kindle be rebooted every time it is disconnected from the computer, for the changes to the collections to be recognized.
So, what is that way?
My problem is to see the collections in the kindle correctly reported in the "Collections" column.

Should I try:
  1. connect the kindle to the pc, start calibre, reboot the kindle, or
  2. reboot the kindle, start calibre and only then connect the kindle to the pc, or
  3. something else?

Many thanks.

Sam

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 12-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
See

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244202
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote