Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #181
kolo_s
kolo_s began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Voyage
Hi,
I was updating my Kobo Auro H2O and it crashed. Now it's not booting. I tried factory reset but it didn't work, only display flashes twice white-black-white and the LED is blinking. I've opened the device and the internal card is empty. I need the SD image to repair it, so if someone can send me the SD image I'd be very grateful!
Thanks!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #182
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #183
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
One more question@davidfor
Hi, can you send me an H2O image copy? My backup image is corrupt.
Thanks

Edit: Is it the full SD image?

Last edited by boriar; 09-07-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: One more question
Old 09-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #184
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. And yes, it is the full image for the internal micro SD card.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #185
hyouri10
hyouri10 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-350 kobo aura h2o
hello
I installed custom firmware on kobo aura h2o, but installation failed and the screen no longer appears.
I tried factory reset but it didn't work, only the LED is lighting up.
I've opened the device and the internal card is empty. I want a SD image for repair,That will be of help to me, if a person who sends SD images to me appears.
Advert
Old 09-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #186
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #187
hyouri10
hyouri10 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-350 kobo aura h2o
Thank you.
Thanks to you I and my kobo have been saved
Old 09-11-2017, 06:02 AM   #188
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomkey View Post
Hi all
I am newbie Kobo )
I have Kobo aura H2O. So please guide me clearly
1. How to upgrader Memory SD card inside.
2. How to install KSM.
3. How to root and install Android.
4. Please send to me Fatory img file.
Thank all so so much !
If you open your H2O, you void any remaining warranty and you lose the waterproofing.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #189
lakoinid987
lakoinid987 began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O
Hello,

i need image to write to internal SD.
Please help
Thanks.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #191
tomagr
tomagr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o
Hello
My h2o is bricked. I probably need sd image to fix it.
Please help.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #192
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #193
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo H2O (broken), Kobo H2O Edition 2 v1 (stolen), Kobo Clara 2E
I would need the address image for the H20 too ! If someone could send me a link I would be grateful!
Someone gave me a bricked one, which crashed during a firmware update (as I was told).
Thank you !

EDIT : it looks like it finally wanted to reset... Tapping the bottom corners did trigger it.
Thanks anyway ! I will just persevere next time before asking

Last edited by Mavireck; 09-26-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #194
cassonetto
cassonetto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
hi, my h2o is bricked too. already tried factory reset and warranty is over, so please i need sd image as last chance to fix it.
Thanks
Old 10-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #195
scrottie
scrottie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'm in the bricked club.

H2O lost the ability to install updates. Every time I tried, it got stuck and drained its battery trying (stuck for hours) then when I plugged it back it, it'd do a factory reset and as part of the setup immediately try to install updates again and wedge. Pulling it apart and trying to dump the SD card before doing anything, trying to read from blocks throw a read error and the SD card goes offline. Ladies and gentleman, this 4gb Sandisk microsd card that shipped with the H2O is toast.

I should have rooted this thing the easy way (backdoored KoboRoot.tgz in .kobo) when I first got it so I back that up.

Are any of you who got an image for the internal card (uboot, kernel, some greyscale waveforms that aren't mine, etc) still monitoring this thread? Can you please pass it on?

Regards,
-scott
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image