Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Rude author blasts commentor who complains about typos

I debated posting this on my blog, but I am not sure I want to bring this fool's attention down upon me

Anyway, I have been sort of following this blog by a guy who claims to want to sell 500,000 ebooks by Christmas. He posted about finally finishing the next 'part' of the book (he seems to be releasing it in novella-sized installments) and in the update he says this:

Part One has now been downloaded or read by some 6,500 people. I just hope that I haven't given them any ideas. And so, as my experiment continues into its third month, I have a total readership of almost 7,000. OK so there are some typos in part one, but I am a passionate guy. I don't have time to read my own book 100 times before I publish. I write, smoke, drink and publish. Battaboom battabing. Typos are for my editor to sort out when I eventually get a publishing deal. If?

He gets a comment about how, as a sole proprietor author type, they actually ARE his problem. And he responds today with an epic rant, the high point of which was this:

Lastly and most importantly: Can you understand this? TXT U 2MOZ. The world is changing. Are semi-colons and colons so vital anymore? If I write the city of Lindon, do you realise that I actually meant London? Of course you do. So get off your high horse and tell your network of Ebook bloggers to go ind fcuk themselffs.

Umm...wow. I hope he actually does NOT sell 500,000 books, just so this doesn't validate his nasty attitude as being a good business strategy. Anyway, if anybody wants to go comment to this idiot, feel free
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That blogger is an attention whore. This ignorant outburst will only help him garner even more. Best SEO tool there is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
It worked on me
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Lalilulelo
Enthusiast
Lalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sounds like another adolescent of the internet. "Let me tell you how unique I am before I address the issue."

Where's the news now in this, dear Anonymous...
Lalilulelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
High strung, unbalanced but always fun to watch, authors always seem to show why publishers, agents and other layers of abstraction are oh so important for many authors. I wonder how many greats of the past would likely have been exposed as the rude maladapted nutbars they really were in real life.

Thanks for the very funny link. Maybe the guy is simply channeling his inner Harlan Ellison?
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Do we have a champion to bring death to English grammar?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Do we have a champion to bring death to English grammar?
Rap has been around for a while.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Maybe he is a rapper.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I think most of the best creative types are mentally damaged in some way. This guy raises an interesting point, but I think he's looking at it the wrong way around.

http://www.mikeoliveri.com/2011/08/0...ff-themselves/

It isn't so much that writing as a profession leads to mental illness, I think it's more that writing attracts a lot of people with mental illness. It's something you can do on your own, and until fairly recently you never really had to interact with "normal" people.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
Jacquelyn Smith
Fantasy Author
Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Jacquelyn Smith writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
LOL!

Reality show stars are also champions of the cause. I've lost count of how many I've heard say things like 'conversate'. *shudder*

The writer sounds like a complete tool.
Jacquelyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Lastly and most importantly: Can you understand this? TXT U 2MOZ. The world is changing. Are semi-colons and colons so vital anymore? If I write the city of Lindon, do you realise that I actually meant London? Of course you do. So get off your high horse and tell your network of Ebook bloggers to go ind fcuk themselffs.
Research Fail.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Better yet is his ending:

Quote:
More importantly than the last most importantly: The one thing that seperates me from any of you boys out there is this...I DO NOT READ. I don't read other people's books, I don't watch movies, I don't speak to anyone. I am never influenced by anyone else. When you read my stories you are reading my mind and If I have to apologise for that then so be it.
I surely do not want to waste my time reading material written by someone who doesn't read. It is through the osmotic process that occurs while reading that authors learn to write better than when all they have ia blank slate.

I find myself amused by his assertion that he remains uninfluenced by anyone. He must live in an incubator sans windows.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I think most of the best creative types are mentally damaged in some way. This guy raises an interesting point, but I think he's looking at it the wrong way around.
No, no, he's not mentally damaged, he's just trying to prove that you don't have to read to write:
Quote:
More importantly than the last most importantly: The one thing that seperates me from any of you boys out there is this...I DO NOT READ. I don't read other people's books, I don't watch movies, I don't speak to anyone. I am never influenced by anyone else. When you read my stories you are reading my mind and If I have to apologise for that then so be it.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #14
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I find myself amused by his assertion that he remains uninfluenced by anyone. He must live in an incubator sans windows.
No movies, no TV, no books, no music, no talking to people ever? If only he'd cut out the internet. I think that would be a wonderful solution for everyone involved.

But, no, seriously, as previously called: this is someone trying to be a professional troll.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
The guy is not writing. He's typing.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote