Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #106
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Chapter selection only, nothing finer at this time.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #107
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by penty View Post
Chapter selection only, nothing finer at this time.
Chapter selection ? You mean that the TOC of the book is available in the UI of the device directly ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #108
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
So how does one navigate in a book which doesn't have a table of contents?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #109
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very, Very, slowly, I'm assuming...

I guess I was expecting something a bit more advanced. I may hold off on getting the cybook until I see a full, complete, review and maybe a software update.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #110
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
HarryT,

Not that I've seen in beta release 0.91. From what I understand, we should be getting beta release 0.96 shortly. Right now there's a Back and Forward option on the pop-up menu, but I believe other choices will be forthcoming.

Derek

Quote:
Derek,

How do you navigate within a book on the CyBook? Is there a "goto page X" facility? As you may know, on the "standard" MobiPocket Reader there's a progress bar that one can simply tap with the mouse or stylus to move to that position. How is it done on this machine?
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #111
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One pages through to the page one wants.

Of course, it's not that hard to make a TOC using Mobipocket Creator or BookDesigner. I recommend getting Mobipocket Creator and bookmarking this page at Mobipocket: http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...eFolder=prcgen

Derek

Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #112
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
Quick question, will the Cybook Gen3 support Chinese font?
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #113
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Graphics from that site looks nice, do you have a way to queu them all up so you don't have to be online to view them; i.e., don't have to right-click, save ...

Be fun to check out, since I'm into comics so much! Thanks for another soure.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #114
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

BTW, no review yet ?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #115
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
BTW, no review yet ?
We've got a whole other thread devoted to that topic.

Last edited by MikeF74; 09-19-2007 at 12:42 PM.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #116
delphidb96
Wizard

Well... Don't tell anyone, Azayzel, but I've been slowly downloading the bitmaps to my machine and converting them into JPEGs. A couple of them are rather large, so I've been cutting across frame breaks to get them to a decent size per frame and I'm creating a PDF version of it - formatted for my Cybook's screen in Landscape mode - to have as a sample of what the Cybook can do. Note that I'm not doing any color-to-grayscale conversion on the images, just changing from BMP to JPG. I think the grayscale rendering done by the Cybook - and my Sony PRS-500 - is pretty darned good!

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Graphics from that site looks nice, do you have a way to queu them all up so you don't have to be online to view them; i.e., don't have to right-click, save ...

Be fun to check out, since I'm into comics so much! Thanks for another soure.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #117
delphidb96
Wizard

Hamh,

Don't know yet? Do you have an ebook, Mobipocket format, which has Chinese TrueType fonts? If so, post it and I'll give it a try. I'll take pictures of the results.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamh View Post
Quick question, will the Cybook Gen3 support Chinese font?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #118
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Btw, is there/will there be folder support and navigation on the Cybook? Not being able to sort my books in folders is one (small) reason I stay away from the Sony Reader.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #119
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
Btw, is there/will there be folder support and navigation on the Cybook? Not being able to sort my books in folders is one (small) reason I stay away from the Sony Reader.
Well it's a UMS device, I don't see any reason they shouldn't have folder support...
Old 09-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #120
delphidb96
Wizard

I thought Sony's PRS-500 supported 'collections' on it? Waitaminit... yep, got mine set up with collections for paranormal mysteries and one for sf.

Of course, that doesn't make a bit of difference because it CAN'T USE COLLECTIONS ON THE FREAKIN' SD CARD!!!!

IOW, 'folders' work just great ON THE PRS-500, but not on the SD card! D'Oh! And, of course, the device can handle about 80 ebooks max. Wow!

Yeah, not one of the better decisions by Sony for their 500 model. Don't know if the 505 will support folders and collections on the SD card.

And, unfortunately, I don't know if the Cybook will. I presume so, but my current one doesn't - yet. This could be in there in next week's firmware update - or not.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post