Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
wgwood
Camping Fool
wgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color w/CM 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
My 650 is in a cover, and twice last week - and not for the first time, I might add - I found myself turning the ereader over, as of a page..........
The quote above made me laugh because I recently had the opposite experience. I read quite a bit on my prs-300, so much so that the page turn button has become shiny, and it has almost become a subconscious action.

I received my Campmor catalog the other day. It is about exactly the same dimensions as my 300 with a cover. I started leafing through it, stopped to read an item description, and then found myself tapping repeatedly on the bottom of the page with my finger, trying to turn the page. For just an instant I thought something was wrong with my reader...

Regards,
Greg
wgwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #17
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgwood View Post
I received my Campmor catalog the other day. It is about exactly the same dimensions as my 300 with a cover. I started leafing through it, stopped to read an item description, and then found myself tapping repeatedly on the bottom of the page with my finger, trying to turn the page. For just an instant I thought something was wrong with my reader...
I do that sometimes, but it's usually for the dictionary, not page turning. I'll keep twitching my right thumb, trying to bring the cursor down to the word so I can look it up.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's a fix for that: Stop reading things on paper!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Just introduce a smell-o-vision type module into new ereaders that puts out new-book smell when you are syncing files or browsing respective marketplaces.
http://smellofbooks.com/
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #20
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree with those who feel this is such a gimmick.
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert