Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2016, 03:52 AM   #1
jarkametelice
jarkametelice began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 Touch Lux 3
Smile Help with setting Moon+ Reader

Hello, please know where the application stores information about the read books? I even bought the full version and reinstall after the data disappeared and nobody can find it. In any directory. In the statistics by day, when you and I read each book can be adjusted if it is reading through, read, unread. Thank you.

Nothing? Too bad, I thought that there will be someone smart, who understands.

Last edited by jarkametelice; 11-08-2016 at 05:38 AM.
jarkametelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #2
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
maybe someone smart that understands could expect that you read at least the FAQ of moon+ reader where is written how to do a backup? www.moondownload.com/faq.html
where is written something like
You can use the Backup/Restore function: ... Please delete the book cover cache folder "/sdcard/books/.moonreader", then click "import books" to scan for covers ...
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2016, 02:28 AM   #3
jarkametelice
jarkametelice began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 Touch Lux 3
Good advice is better than gold. But what to do when I was too fast and backup from the free version, I did not do?
jarkametelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
I guess in the directory .moonreader as suggested in the faq, there you can find your annotations, anyway I have few experience to update so i cannot be really useful i guess if you updated and maybe cancelled files with the new version, but I do not know
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
How can I add simple coloured backgrounds to mimic the kindle app themes or the Bookari ones.
Moon seems to need background Images, not just RGB values ?
Are there any here's one I made earlier shared repositories, or any info on the specs needed for background Images. Do they need to be correctly sized for example.
It would be great if someone has a kindle lilac setting so share, as I do not like the default ones in moon. I want a blotchy free single colour.
What confuses me is the interaction between the background text colour, which you can set as Rgb values, and the background image which is chosen as an image file. Does one override the other somehow ?

Last edited by stumped; 12-16-2016 at 06:49 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarkametelice View Post
Good advice is better than gold. But what to do when I was too fast and backup from the free version, I did not do?
Ask the author. He is very good at replying to help please e-mail, sent from within the app.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
How can I add simple coloured backgrounds to mimic the kindle app themes or the Bookari ones.
Moon seems to need background Images, not just RGB values ?
Are there any here's one I made earlier shared repositories, or any info on the specs needed for background Images. Do they need to be correctly sized for example.
It would be great if someone has a kindle lilac setting so share, as I do not like the default ones in moon. I want a blotchy free single colour.
What confuses me is the interaction between the background text colour, which you can set as Rgb values, and the background image which is chosen as an image file. Does one override the other somehow ?
I never used the background in Moon+, I only set background color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-17-14-33-17.png
Views:	757
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	153627Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-17-14-34-11.png
Views:	564
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	153628
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

That screen and the theme selection have a confusing interaction. I cannot get a dark grey for night mode that looks right, nor can I imitate the lilac option in kindle reader app. With ten million app downloads you'd think there'd me some shared settings!
Old 12-18-2016, 01:48 AM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That screen and the theme selection have a confusing interaction. I cannot get a dark grey for night mode that looks right, nor can I imitate the lilac option in kindle reader app. With ten million app downloads you'd think there'd me some shared settings!
Lilac option in Kindle app? I've never seen it. So what settings are you using for dark gray? 50 or 60 each for rgb looks good to me.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:26 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard

kindle app on my hdx offers white, sepia, or lilac. lilac has been there for a couple of years at least. same place as where you set font, text size...
kindle for android on a non amazon device may have the same options
in bookari, i was able to match the lilac after much trial and error. and my night theme in bookari is done by moving the colour select a littlw way out of bottom left corner for a neutal grey. I cant get that same level of neutrality with the RGB sliders in moon and I still can't comprehen how they interact with the choice of theme/background image. another bookari annoyance is that the theme colours are not stored in the .db with all the other book settings, so there is no way to back them up and you lose them if ever you re-install the app or move to a new tablet. I asked bookari and also spent ages looking for them with file explorer... no joy
ps
lilac - aka green- can be seen here
http://teleread.com/want-use-amazon-...en-background/
I have not been able to re-create that shade in moon+
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-24-10-52-20.png
Views:	502
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	153630  

Last edited by stumped; 12-18-2016 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:53 AM   #11
stumped
Wizard

ps google found me a very old related thread here
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...194146&page=21
i don't like the background images that look like an old paper back left in the sun too long or blotched with old coffee stains, or engraved with imagery. I just want clean "pages" , not artificially aged, but in a range of shades, or a for dummies guide to making them
Old 12-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
kindle app on my hdx offers white, sepia, or lilac. lilac has been there for a couple of years at least. same place as where you set font, text size...
kindle for android on a non amazon device may have the same options
in bookari, i was able to match the lilac after much trial and error. and my night theme in bookari is done by moving the colour select a littlw way out of bottom left corner for a neutal grey. I cant get that same level of neutrality with the RGB sliders in moon and I still can't comprehen how they interact with the choice of theme/background image. another bookari annoyance is that the theme colours are not stored in the .db with all the other book settings, so there is no way to back them up and you lose them if ever you re-install the app or move to a new tablet. I asked bookari and also spent ages looking for them with file explorer... no joy
ps
lilac - aka green- can be seen here
http://teleread.com/want-use-amazon-...en-background/
I have not been able to re-create that shade in moon+
Lilac is light purple, not green.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Lilac is light purple, not green.
yes it is , dunno why I have been calling it lilac !?
but it's not green like grass, it's a pale green. on the actual tablet , with my brightness settings , it looks paler than in that link.
if i go back and edit those previous posts , that ill be confusing i htink

Last edited by stumped; 12-18-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #14
bookiebabe
bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Zenpad
I'm new to Moon+Reader Pro, but based on what i can see, in visual settings you have your choice... you can select a flat color (and I agree their interface for this is HORRIBLE), or a background image.

If I go to background image, there's an option at the bottom that allows me to download one of my choosing... there's a decent selection. Also, you can bing search for 'android background' and choose 'images', and you should find a slew of em.

I think this is what you're looking for, though... definitely not lilac... maybe more of an antique blue? I just ripped the color from the link you gave and created a plain old background in photoshop in color c5e7ce. Another one in same color w very subtle watercolor wash to break up the 'sameness'.

Hope they help! Should be large enough to be a background for pretty much any device. Not sure if it'll allow downloading of images I post here, so there's dropbox links, as well.

Plain background
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jf3ex1nds...round.jpg?dl=0

Watercolor background
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0v65phltf...color.jpg?dl=0

Forum seems to only post fullsize images, so here's where you can view them...
http://s807.photobucket.com/user/ora...?sort=3&page=1

rachel

Last edited by bookiebabe; 02-08-2017 at 10:32 PM.
bookiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moon+ pro, reader software, settings