Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #826
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Serial - G001 _ MyBad
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #827
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Post It appears there I need another factorfirmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, as usual in Kindle 5.x land: when we mention a specific FW version or a specific FW version range: we mean it!

If you happen to get a PW4 with a different S/N, give me a shout. I'll at least expect a 3G (or would that be 4G now?) variant to show up fairly soonish .
I've been waiting for ilovejedd to reply though you can help with jb too

I was wondering with this work as its the only thread I can find :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314044

Tried it & no wonder it shows wrong package update failed + bin file gets deleted
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #828
JohnDoe000
JohnDoe000 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
sorry if this is a noob question but is possible now jailbreak a pw4 5.10.3?

i have search before, like a long time ago but only have see via hardware mod.
JohnDoe000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #829
Ico
Enthusiast
Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW4
Hi guys
I was following the tutorial but since it is written concisely I had to resort to other instructions mostly from the wiki. I think I omitted the part where I was supposed to reset before applying the factory .bin.
Is that a problem in any way such as slower or messed up indexing and etc. Should I reset and then re-apply the survival code from the "I accidentally reset thread?
Thank You.
Ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #830
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Technically depends on the starting and target FW versions.

Amazon doesn't handle downgrades *at all*, so there's a high probability something somewhere will break horribly. A factory reset ensures that won't be fatal.

Doing it first ensures you don't have to jump through extra hoops to make the JB survive the process.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2020, 05:51 AM   #831
Kinki
Member Retired
Kinki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Question

Quote:
Technically
Doing it first ensures you don't have to jump through extra hoops to make the JB survive the process.
Won't downgrading rewrite all files from root
Kinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:44 AM   #832
Ico
Enthusiast
Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Technically depends on the starting and target FW versions.

Amazon doesn't handle downgrades *at all*, so there's a high probability something somewhere will break horribly. A factory reset ensures that won't be fatal.

Hi NiLuJe,
Thank You for your reply.
I kind of lost track what I was doing since I was juggling between the instructions back and forth a lot. Can I message the mods to edit coplates first post to add a reset entry so others would not make the same mistake as I did?
I just checked my device and apart from a slower startup on a new firmware everything seems fine. I only replaced a 5.10.0.2fw with factory 5.10.0.2 from coplates post, i did nothing else when I realized my mistake. Does that mean I could reset the device and then re-apply factory 5.10.0.2 again, without any harm?
Ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #833
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No need to bother, the thread isn't canonical anymore. There's a sticky for that.

And since the process usually involves factory downgrade -> back to at least initial FW version, the reset becomes optional.

In your case, if you only moved from same to same, that's not a downgrade *at all*, so you have nothing to worry about.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #834
blots
blots began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 4 (10th Gen)
Just want to share here that I got very lucky and received a brand new PW4 from Amazon this month that shipped with 5.10.0.2 straight out of the box. 8gb, Black, Wi-Fi. Canada.
blots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:32 PM   #835
tbrumfield
tbrumfield began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperweight 4
I ordered a brand new Kindlewhite 4 with the intention of jail-breaking it.

My helpful daughter picked it up and decided to do setup, including connecting to wifi. Now it is on 5.12.3 FW version. I Googled whether or not you can downgrade the FW, and for the Paperwhite 3 and such it says to just put it in airplane mode, copy over the old FW and tell the Kindle to update with that bin file.

That doesn't seem to work with the PW 4. It may be because I can't fully power it down (I can't get a black screen like you apparently could with earlier models) or it could be that the PW4 simply won't allow a downgrade at all.

I guess I'm left to investigate my options.
tbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #836
Kinki
Member Retired
Kinki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Exclamation SSH

I've been trying to put SSH on PW4 10th Gen...

Enable Diags isn't working can someone tell me is SSH not supported on PW4 OR USB download mode is problem?
Kinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:02 PM   #837
ValentinDB
ValentinDB began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2018
Hello to all!
I don't know much English. Here I read, read, read, to make a jailbreak kindle paperwhite 2018. It didn’t work for me, can you explain it to me in stages? Don’t throw slippers at me. Really, it didn’t work out for me : Мигает::хлопать:And by the way, I have 5.12.5, serial number G000 PP .........
ValentinDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #838
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can 5.12.5 on a PW4 be jailbroken?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:33 AM   #839
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can 5.12.5 on a PW4 be jailbroken?
Yes, confirmed
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #840
vinhphucng25
vinhphucng25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Libra H2O & Inkpalm 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes, confirmed
Can I jailbreak the PW4 firmware 5.10.1.3 with serial G000PP?

where can I find the guide to jailbreak, please?
vinhphucng25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw4