Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #61
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Pretty much all long haul has power outlets. And often internet. In economy class. My experience, anyway
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Pretty much all long haul has power outlets. And often internet. In economy class. My experience, anyway
Yep. And you really don't need it on short flights.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #63
Arithonne
Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Kobo Glo
Hunh. If that gets implemented in Canada it's going to be a major change as the current regulations lean heavily to all batteries and/or battery containing devices must be in carried on. Link to relevant regulations: www.catsa.gc.ca/guidelines-batteries

I always thought that was a pretty reasonable safety concern given that some batteries can explode if subjected to certain temperature changes.
Arithonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #64
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Yes, and if a battery catches fire in the cabin, there are people there to do something about it. If the luggage starts burning in the hold, too bad.

In Canadian airports, I have had some electronics checked for traces of explosives. Apparently if you take your nitroglycerin heart pills in your fingers and then type on the keyboard, they can pick that up. It sounds like they've thought carefully about their policy, and I'll be surprised if they change it in the next while.

Last edited by rkomar; 03-25-2017 at 03:57 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #65
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I no longer fly because of these post-9/11 restrictions. Additionally, I avoid the Canadian border like the plague. [....]
Tubey, are you my twin that I never knew I had? I agree with you on a lot it seems. Actually, I haven't flown since 1997. At first I was just tired of it from traveling so much for work. Security was annoying enough back then. I've absolutely no patience for dealing with all the restrictions and inspections now. I'd drive a long way to avoid flying now.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 10:39 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Tubey, are you my twin that I never knew I had? I agree with you on a lot it seems. Actually, I haven't flown since 1997. At first I was just tired of it from traveling so much for work. Security was annoying enough back then. I've absolutely no patience for dealing with all the restrictions and inspections now. I'd drive a long way to avoid flying now.
LOL - could be

Yeah, I hear ya. My travels are now limited western Washington and Oregon.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:36 PM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
My travels are now limited western Washington and Oregon.
That's a tragedy. There's so much of the world to see.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #68
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've seen plenty of the world as is, so I don't feel deprived. I've lived in 2 foreign countries and visited 3 others. I've also lived in 9 states and visited more than half of the US. I don't feel deprived in the least to limit my travels to my own neck of the woods.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:25 AM   #69
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
True, but most of it I'm not interrested in. I don't care much for jungle or beaches and most of all, I hate multitudes of tourists. And while I do like flying, I'm really starting to hate the time before and after (in short: the time at the airport), which can be longer than the entire flight (be there hours ahead and then we'll keep you for hours after you land).

Quote:
LOL - could be

Yeah, I hear ya. My travels are now limited western Washington and Oregon.
If I lived in the US, I probably wouldn't be flying much either, but I would have a camper and travel around the country whenever I could! (though Oregon is a beautiful state, there was a Dutch game show that took place there last year, and the camera people of that show are very good at capturing the beauty of a place).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:06 AM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I think it's time you changed your signature. It's not working properly. It has the wrong information.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #71
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, i noticed that the other day. I'm wondering what clever thing i should say. Something rather Zen, perhaps.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, i noticed that the other day. I'm wondering what clever thing i should say. Something rather Zen, perhaps.
I have a great Zen saying for you to use (if you want).

Quote:
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
Old 03-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #73
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Not bad, JSWolf. But not quite what I'm looking for.
Namaste
Old 03-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
If I lived in the US, I probably wouldn't be flying much either, but I would have a camper and travel around the country whenever I could! (though Oregon is a beautiful state, there was a Dutch game show that took place there last year, and the camera people of that show are very good at capturing the beauty of a place).
Oregon is gorgeous; especially its coastline.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Not bad, JSWolf. But not quite what I'm looking for.
Namaste
You could go with it until you find something you like better.