Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 06:11 AM   #106
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Isn't Patterson the one who clogs up the ebookstores with "FREE Preview First xx Chapters of ............" books?

I'd like to do something horrible to him simply for causing a mess... but it was clearly stated, was it not?
Yeah, if they state it clearly beforehand, it's not an issue, IMO. It clogs up the search results, but that's a minor annoyance.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #107
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Yeah, if they state it clearly beforehand, it's not an issue, IMO. It clogs up the search results, but that's a minor annoyance.
Side question: I am just curious, but how often do you actually search in a (fiction) e-book? I am sure all the instances I have searched in a fiction book would fit on one hand, with at least a thumb left over, so I am wondering how much that matters to most people. I use the search (or the index feature) in a couple different Bibles on the Kindle, but rarely on anything else.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #108
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Side question: I am just curious, but how often do you actually search in a (fiction) e-book? I am sure all the instances I have searched in a fiction book would fit on one hand, with at least a thumb left over, so I am wondering how much that matters to most people. I use the search (or the index feature) in a couple different Bibles on the Kindle, but rarely on anything else.
I was referring to searching in an ebookstore.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #109
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I was referring to searching in an ebookstore.
Yeah, read the post howyoudoin was responding to :

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Isn't Patterson the one who clogs up the ebookstores with "FREE Preview First xx Chapters of ............" books?

I'd like to do something horrible to him simply for causing a mess... but it was clearly stated, was it not?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:59 AM   #110
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I use the search facility quite a lot on my Kindle in fiction books. Mainly to find the last mention of a character who hasn't appeared for a while in a long book, so I can remind myself where they previously appeared. Particularly if it's a book I've put to one side for a while and come back to reading again.

However, the really essential use for search is in non-fiction books, and that's very important indeed. Essential, in fact. I read a lot of non-fiction for my Egyptology degree.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #111
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I use the search facility quite a lot on my Kindle in fiction books. Mainly to find the last mention of a character who hasn't appeared for a while in a long book, so I can remind myself where they previously appeared. Particularly if it's a book I've put to one side for a while and come back to reading again.
I like X-Ray for this but must remember that I can actually search backward when X-Ray is missing in books. I am bad at remembering names and sometimes the author do not give enough clues to who a person is and trust that the reader will remember the name.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote