Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 05:34 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Better font management

There are many things I can do on the fly with KOreader when I am reading a book. But I don't have a clue about this: I am reading a book where a special font type is used for letters. I would like to keep it for knowing that I am reading a letter, but I want to overwrite all other fonts with my custom font choice. Do you have any idea how to do it without trying to edit the book outside KOreader? The most comfortable solution would be a font list in which I could tick the ones I want to keep. Not only a single option to disregard all embedded fonts, as it is now.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
There are many things I can do on the fly with KOreader when I am reading a book. But I don't have a clue about this: I am reading a book where a special font type is used for letters. I would like to keep it for knowing that I am reading a letter, but I want to overwrite all other fonts with my custom font choice. Do you have any idea how to do it without trying to edit the book outside KOreader? The most comfortable solution would be a font list in which I could tick the ones I want to keep. Not only a single option to disregard all embedded fonts, as it is now.
I cannot say about KOReader, but for this eBook, you can read it in ePub and you may be able to use your custom font (depends on the CSS) and the embedded font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Jon: Someone already warned you about this a few hours ago: please stop with the knee-jerk out-of-context and halfway out of topic replies.

----

@LittleBiG: You *should* be able to massage something out of it via a style tweak, but it's arguably going to be easier and faster to just tweak the book. But, yeah, you could technically do it all from within KOReader (e.g., View HTML on a highlighted section to see what's what; and then write a custom style tweak based on that).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:25 AM   #4
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
I see, thanks. Unfortunately writing a custom style tweak is beyond me.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote