Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
jimz
jimz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
turning on wifi and automatic update of kindle

It has been almost two since I have jailbreaked my kindle.since then I haven't dare to turn wifi on and connect to the internet with my Kindle because of automatic update of the software and fear of losing the jailbreak. is there a way to connect to the internet without losing the jailbreak and stopping the device from updating itself?
jimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try reading the introduction to one of the current jail breaks.
For instance:
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jai...agicparlabel-9

Of course, if you had joined and become an active member two years ago, you would already know that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
jimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try reading the introduction to one of the current jail breaks.
For instance:
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jai...agicparlabel-9

Of course, if you had joined and become an active member two years ago, you would already know that.
tnx a lot. i have read the article. so if i install the survial package for jailbreak it will stops the device from automatically updating itself?

it has been a long time since i have posted a thread in this forum.as a result i had complelty forgot my user and password.thus had no choice to register agian
Old 03-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz View Post
tnx a lot. i have read the article. so if i install the survial package for jailbreak it will stops the device from automatically updating itself?

it has been a long time since i have posted a thread in this forum.as a result i had complelty forgot my user and password.thus had no choice to register agian
????
Your question was:
Quote:
is there a way to connect to the internet without losing the jailbreak and stopping the device from updating itself?
I gave you a link directly to the paragraph which answered that question.
Here, try this copy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jail break
To retain control of the Kindle firmware version, in the topmost visible level of USB storage, add the OTA blocking directory name. The blocking directory name is:
update.bin.tmp.partial
Use that exact name, no additional extension.
If English is not your native language, perhaps someone can translate that for you.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #5
jimz

Quote:
????
Your question was:

I gave you a link directly to the paragraph which answered that question.
Here, try this copy:

If English is not your native language, perhaps someone can translate that for you.
to be honest, the description which you gave me is so ambiguous. where is this file "update.bin.tmp.partial"??

even though i am not a native speaker but the description in that post about blocking the automatic update with all due respect is not very clear and the only person who can understand it easily is the one who has written in the first place

Last edited by jimz; 03-29-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Advert
Old 03-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

1) in the topmost visible level of USB storage
2) add the OTA blocking directory name
3) Use a better on-line translation utility or ask someone here to translate it to your native language.
4) Not my problem.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
3) Use a better on-line translation utility or ask someone here to translate it to your native language.
4) Not my problem.
To rephrase: create a new, empty directory. Name it update.bin.tmp.partial
You do not "get" it from anywhere.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
jimz

Quote:
4) Not my problem.
my skill in English is impeccable. I am sorry but being a native speaker doesn't mean that people of other nationalities are lower than you.the description wasn't very clear.there are thousands of software on the internet. but the interface of a very few of them is user-friendly so as your description.
and by the way how do i now what does OTA means!!!!! can i find it in oxford or longman or meriam or cambridge dictionary!!!
i have a master degree and i am sure my scope of vocabulary is way beyond most of the people on this forum

Last edited by jimz; 03-29-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #9
jimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
To rephrase: create a new, empty directory. Name it update.bin.tmp.partial
You do not "get" it from anywhere.
tnx a lot. this dude knc1 hasn't realized that their style of writing is different than formal writing. he is speaking in a very informal way which is specefic to himself
Old 03-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

It is an acronym of a technical phrase, found on this technical forum.
You can answer your own question by searching this forum.
You are unlikely to find it in a non-technical reference work.

The text is kept in a public repository.
You want it changed, use the established mechanism for creating a pull request that contains your changes.
The reason it is in a public repository is for exactly this situation, so that the general public can use the established mechanism of a pull request to get the content changed.

Probably so, but hardly relevant, you are only slamming the work of a single member here.
You make it sound as if your degree is in a liberal arts field.
I will be glad to match you with my 58 years of experience in this field against a degree in any field.

PS: You are not required to use this site.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz View Post
tnx a lot. this dude knc1 hasn't realized that their style of writing is different than formal writing. he is speaking in a very informal way which is specefic to himself
It is an informal venue.
If you are expecting a formal venue, you are in the wrong place.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
jimz

Quote:
It is an acronym of a technical phrase, found on this technical forum.
You can answer your own question by searching this forum.
You are unlikely to find it in a non-technical reference work.

The text is kept in a public repository.
You want it changed, use the established mechanism for creating a pull request that contains your changes.
The reason it is in a public repository is for exactly this situation, so that the general public can use the established mechanism of a pull request to get the content changed.

Probably so, but hardly relevant, you are only slamming the work of a single member here.
You make it sound as if your degree is in a liberal arts field.
I will be glad to match you with my 58 years of experience in this field against a degree in any field.

PS: You are not required to use this site.
my major is not arts .it contains all the scientific fields. every code you write stems from mathematic.i used to be PHP programmer.thus i am not unfamiliar with the programming language and programmer way of writing. but the one who wrote that thread despite his talent and hard work his\her his description wasn't very clear. it ok nobody is perfect and no one expects a scientist to be a good writer .