Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Arubagal
Arubagal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
New eReader

Which Kobo would you recommend if you want to read books from the library?
I have a Kobo Vox now and I had to reset it to factory settings and now I cannot get the overdrive app on it because it is to old now.
Arubagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Depends if you want to borrow directly from the device, or from a PC / Mac and transfer the books.

Direct borrowing is only supported on the Kobo Aura One, and only in certain countries.

ADE to device is supported on all Kobo eReaders
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Arubagal

I’m in Ontario, I have only borrowed from my library from the overdrive app.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagal View Post
I’m in Ontario, I have only borrowed from my library from the overdrive app.
Then the KA1 is probably your best bet. It's certainly my favourite device for reading on.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
As Peter said, the Kobo Aura 1 will make for the most seamless borrowing experience. You can borrow directly on the device and download the book to the device over your wifi. With the other Kobo devices you can borrow books from an Overdrive supporting library and use Adobe Digital Editions to download the book to your computer, but then you have to connect your device to your computer via USB to get the book on to the device.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
Arubagal

Thanks for your answers, I guess Aura 1 is more for my needs. I would use the app on the vox and download with wifi, that’s what I’m looking for