Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Utilities reporting 2 books not on device

Hi,

I have 1434 books in my Calibre library and 1435 (1434 + the H2O manual) on my H2O (622 on the device and 813 on the card), which is as I expect.

All the books in my library show up as either on the device or on card A (and not on both).

However, when I run KoboUtilities (having selected all the books in my library ), it tells me that 2 books aren't on the device:

(Ignore the fact that this was a rerun! It did update loads of books the first time I ran it.)

Any ideas why this might be happening, and how I can identify the two books in question? Or should I just not worry about it?
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Had you sent two new books to the device without ejecting it? When you send the books, calibre will show them as on the device, but when the plugin tries to do anything with the database on the device, the books won't be found. They get added to the database as part of the import process when you eject the device.

Other than that, I would need to see a debug log to try and work out which books the plugin thought was missing and why.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
Boneist
Enthusiast

That was it - thanks again for your help, David! I've just tried again now (after those 2 books were imported on the device), and all 1434 books were updated as expected.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is this thread not in the Kobo Utilities thread?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Had you sent two new books to the device without ejecting it?
It would be really cool if that dialog had a third button to either select the missing books or select everything else, like store/restore bookmark does.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
It would be really cool if that dialog had a third button to either select the missing books or select everything else, like store/restore bookmark does.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are suggesting. The Update Metadata only works on the selected books. And the main reason I have the check for if the books in in the device database is so I could be lazy when selecting them. I probably should change the dialog so that a log of what books where changed and which weren't can be seen.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #7
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are suggesting. The Update Metadata only works on the selected books. And the main reason I have the check for if the books in in the device database is so I could be lazy when selecting them. I probably should change the dialog so that a log of what books where changed and which weren't can be seen.
For example, I select a handful of books and select store/restore current bookmark. It then tells me some of the books have a changed reading positiion, and at the bottom of the dialog that says "select updated books in library".

Now, I select 20 books, 5 of which were just sent and haven't been imported yet. I hit "update metadata in device library" and it updates 15 books. I'd like a button to allow me to have it select those 15 books (similar to store/restore) that successfully updated so I can then clear my marker flag in calibre that tells me the books need their device metadata updated.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #8
Boneist
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is this thread not in the Kobo Utilities thread?
Because I didn't know there was an existing thread I should have posted on. And if that thread exists, it's hiding very well, because I did look for somewhere relevant to post it and a second search hasn't revealed it either!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:19 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
Because I didn't know there was an existing thread I should have posted on. And if that thread exists, it's hiding very well, because I did look for somewhere relevant to post it and a second search hasn't revealed it either!
I'm going to have to say you didn't look very hard

Nearly all the calibre plugins have a thread in the Plugins section of the calibre forum and it is rare for this plugins thread not to be on the first page. There is an index thread stickied there with links to the threads. If you open the plugin updated from calibre, there is a link to the threads. Plus, most of the plugins have a link in their help or about page. And google returns it as the first result when searching for "kobo utilities".
Old 10-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
Boneist
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=davidfor;3601010]I'm going to have to say you didn't look very hard

Believe it or not, I did try! But, *coughs* apparently I completely failed to spot the Plugins forum. Twice. Ah well, I'll know for the future!
Old 10-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So why hasn't this thread been merged with the Kobo Utilities thread?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Personally, I'm happy to have it separate. But, if you feel the need, report it to a moderator. They will do the merge if they feel the need.