Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Speaking of fullscreen mode, I put the line in the conf file and it's not working with ePub and 4.6.9995. Can someone please post the correct way to activate this in case I got it wrong? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #32
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of fullscreen mode, I put the line in the conf file and it's not working with ePub and 4.6.9995. Can someone please post the correct way to activate this in case I got it wrong? Thanks.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=15

The change to the config file just adds a "Show header and footer" option to the reading settings menu, you still need to untick that box to switch to full-screen mode.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=15

The change to the config file just adds a "Show header and footer" option to the reading settings menu, you still need to untick that box to switch to full-screen mode.
It wasn't working when I last looked. Now it's working. Odd. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:06 AM   #34
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
To answer my own question: I guess something like these steps have to be taken.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/add-b...er-in-calibre/
I must add that downloading a cover for Gutenberg files didn't exactly solve the problem for me.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:37 AM   #35
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
I must add that downloading a cover for Gutenberg files didn't exactly solve the problem for me.
After you downloaded the new cover image to Calibre, what method did you create a new cover page in the book? If you just download the image and resent the book to the device, then only the image itself will be updated which won't fix the problem. You need to either convert the book to ePub again, or else use some other method to create a new cover page such as the Modify ePub plugin (remove existing cover, then insert or replace cover.)

Also beware that creating a new cover page will change the internal file structure of the book, so you should delete the old book from the device before sending the new one, not just send the new book to overwrite te one on the device.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #36
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you davidfor and GeoffR for all the useful information!
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote