Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #31
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I'm the one that poasted about the two books one transfer method...

And I had it fail on me yesterday. The books I moved over were not even detected on the kobo.

I ended up deauthorizing it and ejecting....and then the books showed up but of course I couldn't read them. Deleted them on the device, reconnected, reauthorized and recopied, and then they worked.

There's something goofy between ADE and the kobo sometimes. I almost wonder if it is a time synchronization issue.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #32
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Since I'm a sucker for punishment, and reviewing this thread, I decided to have a go at the following steps linked above:
Quote:
Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.
Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader. Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.
Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.
Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.
Re-upload what were the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.
Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!
This has worked for me! I was able to transfer a new library book. And I tried it again with another new one, and that worked too. Font size was proper. Incidentally, and as compurandom suggests, I re-downloaded a book I tried to read before, but I got the "can't copy, sorry" message. So seems like ADE or the library retained an old key or whatever, resulting in a mismatch or something. In any event ADE version I'm using, not the latest, is definitely wonky. Ghost ebooks show up even after returned to library and removed from ADE, and file deleted from folder. Known problem from searching on the net.
ADE 4.5.1
Firmware 3.19.5761
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:05 AM   #33
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm in a dilemma, about to buy a H20 but want to be able to read library books........ from what I've been reading here it's hit or miss.
Any further ideas please?
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 AM   #34
Slk
Slk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: AuraH20 Ed 1, Arc,iPadAir, iPadAir2,iPhone6,MacBookAir.OS Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Mac is validating a certificate during the install? I hadn't thought of that, but I suppose there is a lot more checking of software happening now. I think Windows still allows unsigned software to be installed, but I don't know what would happen with a signed application that it couldn't verify he certificate.

For the black covers, that's probably caused by the DRM not working the first time the book was seen on the device. The device generates a cover image for the books as needed and stores this. For an epub, this is done by rendering the first page. In the case of an Adobe DRM protected book on a device that isn't authorise, this produces a black cover. ADE won't be removing the generated cover when you resent the book, so the device mustn't be removing it either. Or it is using a cached version and restarting the device will fix this. Otherwise, you can use calibre with my Kobo Utilities plugin to remove the cover and let the device regenerate it.
resent the book, so the device mustn't be removing it either. Or it is using a cached version and restarting the device will fix this. Otherwise, you can use calibre with my Kobo Utilities plugin to remove the cover and let the device regenerate it.

Thanks, will look into Calibre 😀
Slk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:40 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm in a dilemma, about to buy a H20 but want to be able to read library books........ from what I've been reading here it's hit or miss.
Any further ideas please?
It shouldn't be a problem. And I have never had an issue with use ADE to download books and put them on my Kobo devices. But, I don't do that very often, so I did experiment today with my both my Aura ONE and Aura H2O. I borrowed a few books and put them on Aura ONE along with some purchased books. All loaded with no problems.

You already have a Kobo Touch. Have you tried it? The firmware for the different devices are the same. There should be no difference in how this works for the different Kobo devices.

And for the record, I am using ADE 2.0.1, firmware 4.6.9995 and Windows 10.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 AM   #36
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks davidfor for your reply and for kindly testing the devices, but my Touch is kaput which is why I posted the following last week..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290878

Again,apologies for hijacking this thread but going on what you've said I will probably get another Kobo, and maybe try ebay this time for the Glo.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #37
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I'll admit it, I remove DRM from library books, BUT - I do it to avoid all the drama exhibited in this thread, and I delete the books after I read them.

Sometimes you just gotta make things work.

I don't consider myself immoral.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote