Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Muse-HD not correctly rendering fonts

Hi all... I own a Muse-hd frontlight.
Today i've ended the conversion to epub of a book for a friend.
In this book there are three words in Sanskrit that are *not* rendered by the software of the Muse.
The font ( uttara.ttf , a free font) is correctly embeddend in the file and is correctly mapped.
Only my Muse can't see it; muy (very) old Opus can render correcltly ( see picture) and other check made on kindle paperwhite, ipad and kobo can show correctly the font. Also Calibre ebook-viewer and "PowebBook" android app can do and so does "kindle desktop" application, after converting the file both via kindlegen and Calibre ebook-convert.
In the "Options" of the Muse, "CSS of the editor" is correclly set.
Any idea for this annoying "feature"?

HP

This Muse is my fifth Bookeen device and i've find that BK firmware is getting worse as times goes by.... :-(((

EDIT: The release of the firmware has number "6.3 boot[7] rootfs[16] (build 2538).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opus-muse1.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	166521  

Last edited by hubertphava; 09-27-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: more info
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote