Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Has anyone tried Bookle? (Mac ePub reader)

I do most of my e-reading on mobile devices, but today I read about a new ePub reader called Bookle (http://tidbits.com/article/12774 - no affiliation). I'm content with Calibre for occasionally looking at an ebook on the Mac but admit I'm curious about the new program. I haven't tried it yet because it's commercial software and to be honest I don't see many advantages over Calibre's reader (besides the more conventional Mac interface). Anyone take the plunge? First impressions?
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I haven't. Doubt that I will, I almost never read on my MBP. However if I was going to, I'd probably use the ebook plugin for firefox which is free and works beautifully in a very similar way that it seems bookle does.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
twedigteam
Enthusiast
twedigteam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
I'm interested in Bookle as a development tool for ePubs.....does anyone know if it uses the Webkit rendering engine (as opposed to Adobe Digital Editions)? This would be a welcome tool for production if so....
twedigteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It does not support ePub DRM, either Apple or Adobe so I doubt it uses the Adobe engine. There is a page for it in the wiki that provides some information.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote