Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanoff View Post
Could you explain a bit more about firmware patch? Maybe some link?
Not really as I don't use the patches myself. But, just look around as there are a lot of threads about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #167
insanoff
insanoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not really as I don't use the patches myself. But, just look around as there are a lot of threads about it.
I have managed to setup the device manually updating it to FW v3.11 and adding user into DB. Let's see if telnet works.
insanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:20 AM   #168
insanoff
insanoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Now I have successfully installed Python and Pygame, started the weather.sh, but unfortunately it does not work after giving the coordinates. And screen is upside down now. Any idea?
insanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #169
RDTymko
RDTymko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Been trying for about four hours now to get weather working. slowly I am getting past some errors... Im stuck on...

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'weather_link' referenced before assignment.

Im on a Kobo Wifi version 1.9.12. Any Ideas?
RDTymko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #170
Danchvn
Danchvn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Hello all.
I know this is an old topic but I was wondering if anyone still had this working.
I have an old Kobl Wifi i was trying to install it on and have been running into some problems. Reading through the comments I see that the weather link had changed so I signed up and received an API but I'm not sure what URL to use as the one with "weather.ashx" no longer seems to exist but there is "/current.xml" or "forecast.xml".
Right now I have the weather_link set up as weather_link='http://api.weatherapi.com/v1/current.xml?q={0},{1}&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key =[my API]'.format(lat, lon) and when I start weather.sh via telnet i get the below error.
Just wondering if anyone is able to provide me some assistance as I'm really not sure what this all means.

[I][root@(none) /]# /mnt/onboard/.python/weather.sh Kobo Wifi weather forecast started. Getting weather information . . . Creating image . . . Traceback (most recent call last): File "weather.py", line 363, in <module> get_weather_data() File "weather.py", line 108, in get_weather_data display(days, highs, lows, conditions, img_links, unit) File "weather.py", line 145, in display high_temp = comfortaa.render(highs[0], True, black, white) IndexError: list index out of range [root@(none) /]#

Thanks a lot
Dan
Danchvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:39 PM   #171
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
aura h2o2?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #172
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Wondering if this hack works with Kobo Aura H2O2 or Mini?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacking, kobo wifi