Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
"Search this forum" impossible on Android

When I tap in the search box, the keyboard pops up, then the search box immediately disappears and the keyboard drops down/goes away.

Tried this on Android 9/Pie and 8/Oreo. Keyboards tested are Gboard and the Samsung keyboard.

I realize this site is not created with responsive design, nor is there a dedicated mobile site, but I wonder if this problem might have an easy fix.

(Typed on a phone.)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 AM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The easiest fix is Tapatalk. It's what I use on my Android, though I admit I purposely keep to an older version. Also works on iThings.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 AM   #3
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
But Tapatalk is... kinda a shady company.

The least of the issues is that IIRC they took a paid app and turned it into a subscription service without grandfathering in previous paid users.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:18 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The search feature on vBulletin forums is hit and miss on any device, try "blah-blah site:mobileread.com" in your favourite search engine -- not sure if you can narrow it down to a specific forum.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
But Tapatalk is... kinda a shady company.

The least of the issues is that IIRC they took a paid app and turned it into a subscription service without grandfathering in previous paid users.
There seems to be more than one doing this. BUT...
Android updates presented the developers with many NEW headaches and Hoops to jump. It is no longer a Release, fix a few bugs, touch up, like it was.

Yes, they could have done better by releasing a different version(Pro, Golden...) and keep the touchups for those users on the old devices. At some point, it just dies for most as YOU bought the NEW device with the NEW Android rules (But the same goes for Apple stuff)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The "quick fix" is to use the Advanced Search link in a mobile browser. It's right down below the search box that makes everything go away when you click in it.

I never use anything BUT the advanced search feature, so I wasn't sure what the OP was referring to for a moment.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:04 PM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The search feature on vBulletin forums is hit and miss on any device, try "blah-blah site:mobileread.com" in your favourite search engine -- not sure if you can narrow it down to a specific forum.
Good general solution, thanks. Also good to know that it's a vBulletin problem, so I won't be looking for some simple fix here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The "quick fix" is to use the Advanced Search link in a mobile browser. It's right down below the search box that makes everything go away when you click in it.
Thanks, that's what I'll do here on mobileread.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote