Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #46
jacques91
jacques91 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi

It seems that my issue cannot be easily solved, isn't it ? I am wondering if that may have occurred when I did Mojave and Calibre upgrades from Capitan (both major upgrades) ?
If so, how could I perform a clean install but without losing reading status. Is it possible ?

also when Running library maintenance, I get no errors but when verifying files I have 7 invalid titles(books name): what do I need to do with them ?
Thanks
jacques91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It has to be, but, I can't find it.
What settings file can be deleted and recreated with hopefully the correct settings? I think that's probably the best thing to do in this case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques91 View Post
It seems that my issue cannot be easily solved, isn't it ? I am wondering if that may have occurred when I did Mojave and Calibre upgrades from Capitan (both major upgrades) ?
If so, how could I perform a clean install but without losing reading status. Is it possible ?
This is the problem. Nothing in either of those should be affecting this. Calibre v4.8 is working perfectly for this here. And no-one else is complaining about it. I would really like to see a screenshot from the device to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

To test, you could use another machine and install calibre from scratch. Then put a couple of books in the library and send them to the device, disconnect and then reconnect to update the series info.

You can also set the environment variable "CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY" to point to a different directory. When you start calibre with this, it will use a default configuration. It should still use the same library, or you can add a new library with a couple of books for testing.
Quote:
also when Running library maintenance, I get no errors but when verifying files I have 7 invalid titles(books name): what do I need to do with them ?
From memory, the maintenance tool has options for what to do. It should be to either add the book to the library, or remove it completely. Which you do depends on what you think is wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:55 AM   #49
jacques91

Thanks Davidfor
I have sent you a screenshot of the device via MP , didn't you get it ?
Old 01-14-2020, 04:52 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Davidfor
I have sent you a screenshot of the device via MP , didn't you get it ?
No. I just checked in case I missed a link, but, they are all to the logs. I don't think I have deleted any.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 AM   #51
jacques91

Quote:
No. I just checked in case I missed a link, but, they are all to the logs. I don't think I have deleted any.
That is the first link (jpg screenshot) , the second one is the database
Old 01-14-2020, 06:22 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is the first link (jpg screenshot) , the second one is the database
I can't see it. There were four PMs. The first had a link to Dropbox which I couldn't see as I don't have a Dropbox account. The second to to Google Drive which was a logfile. The third was a reminder about that, and the last was another Google driver link to a logfile. No other links that I can see.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #53
jacques91

Weird, normally the last PM I sent you this morning ,using google drive, is working fine.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Weird, normally the last PM I sent you this morning ,using google drive, is working fine.
Can you resend it? The last PM I can see from you was sent the 8th. I must have accidentally deleted it.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #55
jacques91

Quote:
Can you resend it? The last PM I can see from you was sent the 8th. I must have accidentally deleted it.
Done
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that others are also trying ot help, it would be best to post the log in a code block and attach the photo here in this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Done
Got them. I can see other books have the series info, just not "En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition". And the database doesn't have the series either. I'll do some experimenting based on what I can see.

Is this the only problem book?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #58
jacques91

Good. This is just the example of my problem: ie book is transferred but series info not. to get it done, I need to ask through koboUtilities menu for updating the metadata and then it is done.
For this book only, I just transferred the book to show the problem. FYI, this book metadata (ie series info) isn't updated when I transfer a new book. I need to use the plugin to get it done