Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Kindle Downloads

I'm trying to find the directory on my PC where Kindle books are downloaded. Does anyone know the path?

Thank you!
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Books or Collections IF in collections that where you find them if not then the ones not in a collection will be there.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #3
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Books or Collections IF in collections that where you find them if not then the ones not in a collection will be there.
Thank you but I'm actually looking for the Path to where Kindle stores the books on my computer such as: c:\users\Owner\appdata\Amazon etc.

Does anyone know?
Old 10-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
If you are talking about Kindle for PC, you can find the folder where books are stored by opening the program and selecting Tools, Options, and then the Content tab. That will show the "Current content folder" where books are stored. It is typically "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Kindle Content".

Older versions of the program store the book files in that folder. Newer ones use one subfolder for each book.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #5
Shykat
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If you are talking about Kindle for PC, you can find the folder where books are stored by opening the program and selecting Tools, Options, and then the Content tab. That will show the "Current content folder" where books are stored. It is typically "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Kindle Content".

Older versions of the program store the book files in that folder. Newer ones use one subfolder for each book.
That is perfect! Thank you for your help!!!
Old 10-15-2021, 05:58 AM   #6
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
On a Mac that folder is hidden for some reason. You can use the go to folder option under the finder icon in the tool bar. (right click) Kindle for mac gives you the option of selecting what folder you want to use, so I created my own folder that wasn't hidden.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #7
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
On a Mac that folder is hidden for some reason. You can use the go to folder option under the finder icon in the tool bar. (right click) Kindle for mac gives you the option of selecting what folder you want to use, so I created my own folder that wasn't hidden.
Hidden Folders can be made visible (and unvisible again) with a shortcut:

Code:
Shift ⇧ + Command ⌘ + punctation mark .
trekk is online now   Reply With Quote