Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
xsolitudex
xsolitudex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question PDF to prc/azw Batch Conversion

Hi there,
I got my Kindle 3 a couple of days ago and I am quite happy with it so far. The PDF support is ok, but not optimal. So I decided to convert my PDFs to a more eBook friendly format. I`ve been trying mobipocket creator 4.2 and Stanza so far, but both do not offer the possibilty to convert files in a batch. It would be quite some work to add all my PDFs manually one after another and then convert. Is there a way to do so in batch mode?

Thanks in advance!
xsolitudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Windows MobiPocket Reader can convert from PDF to MOBI one folder at a time (in library view: import -> add folder). Its conversion is about the same as that from MobiPocket Creator, but you can't edit the metadata after conversion.

Calibre can mass convert PDF to MOBI (add PDFs to Calibre, check the conversion on one PDF then do them all). With Calibre you can correct metadata etcetera before or after conversion. Even if you go the MobiPocket Reader route, you can later import the MOBIs into Calibre to edit their metadata etcetera.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
xsolitudex
xsolitudex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you very much Wallcraft, you just made my life a lot easier und saved me a lot of time!
xsolitudex is offline   Reply With Quote