Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Question Questions about <p> and <div> and paragraph spacing

Hi

I'm trying to make a book from a word document. I copy each chapter to each section file.

I found that some chapters have spacing after it, and in the code shows <p>, and some not, the code shows <div>.

All the chapters are same formatted in the word document, can any one tell me why the issue happened?

ps Can I change paragraph format in Sigil?

Cheers
Jas
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by droople View Post
I copy each chapter to each section file.
Don't do that.

You should export your Word document as HTML and then import that into Sigil. See the conversion chart for more details.

That will get you started.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Valloric

Thank you for your help

Another question, are there any difference, between
1)if I only insert an image under images sections without put it into an actual Text section, and mark the image as a cover image
2)Insert an image into a blank Text section and mark the section as cover
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Another question, are there any difference, between
1)if I only insert an image under images sections without put it into an actual Text section, and mark the image as a cover image
2)Insert an image into a blank Text section and mark the section as cover
Yes, there's a considerable difference. The first marks the image as a "cover image" (which some Reading Systems use, like the iPad), the other marks the XHTML file as a "cover page" which some other RS's use.

There's some more info in this blog post.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
droople
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
droople
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Don't do that.

You should export your Word document as HTML and then import that into Sigil. See the conversion chart for more details.

That will get you started.
Hi Valloric

I open the htm file by Sigil, and it's htm in Sigil, and Sigil said it can't save the book in htm format.

Did I do anything wrong?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
I open the htm file by Sigil, and it's htm in Sigil, and Sigil said it can't save the book in htm format.
Save as epub.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
droople
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Save as epub.
Thank you very much.

It's working in ADE.

Do you think it's a good idea to enable Sigil change htm file to xhtml file?

Cheers